Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jesshicuh09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 02:51 PM
    Do you think he genuinely likes me or he just wants sex?
    I've known this guy for about a year. My friend tried to hook us up in the beginning of the year but we implicitly decided to be friends. We kept in touch for several months, but only hung out once. Eventually we just stopped talking to each other.

Well we ran into each other a couple of weeks ago. He's been texting me ever since. We started on a friendly level, just getting caught up with our lives, joking around, etc. about a week later the texts started getting really flirty. He started turning things into sexual innuendos. I was just going along with them to be funny, and at one point I said, "i think you need a lesson in female anatomy lol". So he said, "well maybe your female anatomy.. when are you gonna give me this lesson?" I thought they were getting out of hand, so I told him that he needed to get to know me in person first. He told me to pick a date and time to hang out, and when I asked when he was available, he gave me his work schedule for the week.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 04:28 PM

Why not try the date and see how it goes?

Flirting is part of the process and he may be trying his hand,but maybe not, all you can do is go on the date and set the pace, if he wants to see you again he will ask.

If he just wants sex he won't hang around too long, and then you will have your answer.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2009, 11:51 AM

Be very cautious. You barely know the guy, you're not even dating and he's hinting at sex. Whatever you do (I suggest keeping things friendly, and not sending him the wrong messages, or being too flirty with him) Be cautious! There's a good chance he just wants you for sex... After all, it seems like that is all he wants you for- you haven't even had any emotional involvement or attatchement.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2009, 12:18 PM

I think he may genuinely like you and want sex.

I don't know too many guys who would turn it down.

Make sure you don't get carried away with the sexting and give him the wrong impression.

You need to start on the same page and have the same expectations for the friendship or it will be doomed before it even has a chance to get started.

Make yourself clear and see where it goes.

Although I do think it's a little crass that he sent his schedule.He should learn how to properly ask a girl out.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 30, 2009, 04:13 PM

I don't think sexting is a very good idea. It's brave to be 'funny' in a text, but it does paint a picture, and set the tone for expectations.

Before it goes any further, skip the sexting, even joking, and hang out with him, or date him. Let him know loud and clear that you aren't there to teach him about female anatomy.

See where it goes. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Dec 30, 2009, 04:32 PM

You already let him know you needed to get to know him before anything got sexual. I think its worth at least hanging out and seeing where things go if you have been getting along with him. If he pushes the issue of sex, just tell him that you are not ready for it, and want to be in a relationship or married(whatever your beliefs are). If he doesn't back off, then forget him.

Just be clear to him what you want. You will find out pretty quickly if he just wants to get laid. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he just using me for the attention or is he genuinely interested? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a really complicated situation, and most people will say "run for hills" once they read this. However, I'm going to ask it anyway. I met this guy at my son's school, he's a teacher there. Well, long story short, we seemed to hit it off. Nothing ever happened, but I fell for him hard. We...

I can't tell if I'm being given the brush off or if he's genuinely too busy - how do [ 3 Answers ]

I went out with this guy once a few months ago but after one date we texted a bit but didn't make another date- I didn't think either of us were that into each other and were both busy with work so I thought nothing of it. However, about three months later he asked me out again out of the blue -...

Genuinely caring friend or is she jealous? [ 2 Answers ]

Well me and this girl have been best friends now for around 4years and we tell each other everything. Recently though she has started to annoy me by interferin in my private business - by telling me to stop texting this boy who I get on really well with because she says he's going to use me and...

Fella doesn't want sex and likes adult baby! [ 12 Answers ]

Hi. My boyf of 9 months hasn't wanted sex with me from the start, he says that he doesn't feel very much physically and cannot come through sex, but I know he masturbates and ejaculates then. He said that he fantasises about being an adult baby and being humiliated. I am not averse to playing along...

What Baby immunisations Are GENUINELY essential [ 6 Answers ]

I´m trying to find some impartial advice on immunisations for our 2 week old baby. My girlfriend is, quite rightly, against immunisations that aren't necessary based on the odds and statistics. We had our baby in a natural birthing clinic, with a water birth with no medication whatsoever....

View more questions Search