Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cowboy1969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 07:17 AM
    Plumbing leak in wall
    My main floor bathroom is leaking from the toilet and causing a leakage into the ceiling of the basement bathroom/ This is becoming a real mess and I know absolutely nothing about plumbing. Can any of this be caused from the second floor bathroom. There is no leak on the second floor whatsoever but my dad seems to think its coming from the second floor. Can taking a shower or using the bathroom on the second floor agitate the problem occurring on the main floor or basement. Please help
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 07:29 AM

I would check the wax seal under the toilet first floor,then if that's not the problem,the second floor's wax seal(you will need to check the base of the toilets for any moisture), also feel the water lines from both units,the lines can leak with time(and movement due to use).

Where are the pipes located(drain),Are they on the outside walls?If so,there might have been a rupture in the lines(if it's cold where you are)

I would start with the normal things first,wax rings aren't too bad to replace,they do leak after time and use.Removal of the nuts beside the base,lifting the unit from the floor bolts and removal of the old/replacement of new,reinstalling the unit properly, these are not terribly difficult but do take a little finesse.

Hope this helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing leak avoidance [ 4 Answers ]

How do I ensure that a brass to brass plumbing fitting will not leak? We've tried teflon tape and it doesn't work.

Condominium plumbing leak [ 2 Answers ]

I live on the third floor of a condo in Florida. I found that I have a leak at the kitchen drain. There is apin hole sized leak under the sink but there is another leak behind the plastered wall behind the cabinets. The leak is going out into the cement that supports the common porch and I'm...

Plumbing leak [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a leak in my bathroom coming from under the carpet in the door way. My stand alone shower is to the left. I have a separate garden tub.I need some advice on where to start looking.please help!

Plumbing/upstairs leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a walk in, ceramic, shower in the upstairs master bath. It is leaking into the downstairs ceiling (living room). We have removed pieces of the ceiling under the shower to see what the issue may be. It has a constant drip that speeds up when the shower is being used but never stops. It fills...

Plumbing leak [ 1 Answers ]

I might have a small leak in the hose faucet connected to the kitchen wall. I know it would be easy to repair if a go through the kitchen wall to get to it. Does a job like this one be difficult and expensive to repair?

View more questions Search