Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nidrill Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 06:19 PM
    My TV turns off?
    Hello,

The problem I have is; my TV turns itself off, I chaged the battries in the remote just in case, the same thing happens. The other thing is, just before it turns off, the picture goes a bit wild, hard to explain exactly what happens the picture kind off goes fuzzy.

My dad said it could be something to do with a ht board not being plugged in properly? Is this true? Ps. My dads no expert,

Would be greatfull for any advise, thanks

Nige
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 25, 2006, 10:58 AM
    Most likley what it could be is an interference in the TV. Modern TV's have a feature that will shut itself off when it is not receiving a picture. For instance, after so many minutes of "snow" it will shut off.

Sometimes an interference can cause this although you may not realize it. You know the old problem of running an electric egg beater, or vacume cleaner in the house causes static lines across the TV, sometimes this can make the TV think there is no signal at shut itself off.

On a more personal story, my old oil furnace would cause an interference when ever it was running. When ever the oil pump was pumping oil, it would cause an interference in the TV that was bad enough to make it shut itself off.

Never really remedied that problem, it had its good days and its bad days. Finally the furnace just died and I replaced it with a new electric, and the problem went away.

Anyway, I suspect its an interference issue. Perhaps moving the TV further from the source of the interference might help.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 25, 2006, 02:12 PM
    No wait, it wasn't the furnace, it was the electric fence, the transformer on the electric fence shorted out and was causing the interference shutting off the TV.

However the furnace still put the lines on it, but it never was enough to shut the TV down.
    It just came back to me. Its been a few years back.
    clouded Posts: 31, Reputation: 3
    -

Dec 4, 2006, 01:14 PM
    If it is an older TV then the tube is going bad, if its new it sounds like a bad power supply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan alone turns on [ 5 Answers ]

I have a goodman forced air heater. Recently, the squirrel-cage fan will turn on by itself without the burner having turned on first. To eliminate the obvious, I actually completely disconnected the room thermostat from the furnace at the point where it enters the furnace by cutting the wire. ...

Monitor Turns off and on [ 3 Answers ]

Just lately I have been noticing that my monitor turns off and on several times. Everythings looks like the pictures and writing is smeared then comes back. It has been doing it a lot. I have ran my spyware and ad-aware. Everything comes up clean. I am not sure what to do about it. Sure would...

Furnace blower turns on and off [ 4 Answers ]

Furnace comes on and heats properly. After it turns off the blower kicks on and off several times more times.

What turns me on! [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best FREEEEE! Web site where you can watch free clips/movies of lesbians kissing and is free of spyware. I want to know because when I watch lesbians making out it really turns me onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!! So I want to know the best web site to watch for freeee!! ;) :) :) :D

TV turns on but doesn't respond [ 3 Answers ]

Help please, I'm able to turn on my TV but there is no sound and I can't change channels. The TV menu doesn't appear and it won't switch to video. Any ideas?

View more questions Search