Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TexRose Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 07:38 PM
    What is the process for getting a green card/visa for a nanny from Latvia?
    What is the process for getting a green card/visa for a nanny from Latvia? The employer is willing to do whatever paperwork, but what is the process?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 28, 2009, 07:59 PM

Unfortunately there is no visa for nanny or caregiver... employment visas are available to those with professional educations and experiences in the required field such as medical doctors, registered nurses, engineers, etc. Employer must obtain approval from Department of Labor before proceed with visa.
    TexRose Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 11:52 AM

Thank you for your response. It is helpful, but not what I wanted to hear. Is there another route for one to employ a nanny? There are many agencies who do this on a regular basis?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green Card Process [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in USA on H1b Visa and came here in 2006. So I have visa till 2009 and one extension till 2012. I have married to a Girl who is Green Card Holder and got Green Card in May 2006. Now what is the best option for me to file a Green Card. Through my Employer or through my Wife. Or Can I apply...

Moving to US from canada on L visa - process of applying for EAD & green card? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, We are currently residing in canada as permanent residents for the past 1-1/2 yr. Recently my wife's company was acquired by a US firm who as a result of their decision to relocate operations to it's US headquarters, extended an offer to the whole operations department to move & relocate to DC...

View more questions Search