Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikeyb1991 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 07:06 PM
    My new laptop won't run cds
    I have just got a new emachines E525-903G50Mi laptop and been using it for about 3 days and tried to load cds and dvds but its not recognising them but when I first got it I loaded norton 360 of a disk, please help.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2009, 08:29 AM

You need software to run the cd's and dvd's that your laptop does not have installed. Plus you will need the codecs as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop does not play or recognize DVDs or CDs when I insert discs [ 1 Answers ]

Nothing happens when I insert a DVD or CD into the DVD/CD disc drive on my laptop. It makes a sound like it is about to play it, but then nothing happens. I open "My Computer" and all it shows is the C Drive. Also, throughout the day the DVD/CD drive randomly opens even if I have no disc in...

Laptop won't recognise CDs in drive [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, PLEEEAAASE someone help me. :confused: I have this lovely new Compaq Laptop Presario B1200. When I put CDs into the drive it does not recognise them - e.g. I wanted to load Nero, put the CD in the drive and it says it's a blank disc. If I put a disc in with Word Docs on it, it says...

CDs and DVDs won't run [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my computer's CD drive will not run CDs or DVDs. Also, my cd drive also takes some time to eject, like 3/4 times it gets stuck but it will still eject. When I manage to get my Cd in my computer just automatically ejects it.

My com. Won't read my cds. [ 4 Answers ]

Do you know how to get an hp pavilion mx75 to reads cds, it also has a cd burner, and I also have system recovery disc1-3, however, it won't come up on the computer at all. Thank you for your help!:confused:

View more questions Search