Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JOEFROMVH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 04:25 PM
    Buy my furniture
    Are there any companies that come to your house & buy your furniture & haul it away?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 28, 2009, 05:20 PM

None that I know of.

You could list it on Ebay or another one of those sites.

I can't see a company spending money on trucks and gas to go to a house and buy furniture site unseen.

I do know that you can get it hauled away, but they won't pay you, you'll pay them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2009, 08:35 PM

They will normally be "mom and piop" type used furniture and flea market places.

One of my tennants a few years ago did that, ( sadly it was a furnished apartment and they sold all of my stuff)

But you will get pennies on the dollar, so don't expect to get any real money, often a few hundred dollars for an entire household, like 10 dollars for a couch, maybe 30 dollars for a tV, 50 dollars for a fridge and so on.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 09:47 PM
    Hi, JOEFROMVH!

What kind of furnuture, please?

Antiques, collectibles or just junk?

Thanks!
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Dec 29, 2009, 12:14 AM

You could try craigslist.org. a lot of people post stuff on there. The best thing to do is post a pic of your stuff when you post the listing.

You could try a garage sale too if that doesn't work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the best online store to buy home furniture? [ 6 Answers ]

Buying furniture can be a daunting and laborious task. However, with the advent of online shopping it does not have to be painful and we can I find some good deals compare to in store shopping. Well, I am planning to buy some new furniture for my home. Just wondering the best online store for home...

Dog chewing leather furniture, is there a product to apply on furniture? [ 5 Answers ]

My 12 week lab puppy loves to chew on our leather furnitre. We have many toys and try to detur him from biting with introducing a toy when he bites the leather furniture and also tried frozen wash cloths. We use a firm NO! But almost seems to get more playful and thinks it's a game. Can I use...

What kind of furniture to buy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am palnning to go for a new furniture set what kind of furniture to buy that is wooden furniture or powder coated or the leather once. My budget suits the wooden furniture but how to know that seller is give me a best quality wood we saw some and decided to go for gum wood(aqesia wood)...

How & where to buy overstock, over-runs, and closeout furniture [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get started in buying furniture that is over-runs or closeouts? I have a few connections but need much more. Don't know where or how to start. We are thinking of starting a new buiness. Thanks

View more questions Search