Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Linnette1973 Posts: 36, Reputation: 0

Dec 28, 2009, 08:14 AM
    Should I walk away? Or Try and see where it goes.
    I've been dating a guy I used to go to elementary school with for about 6 weeks now. We liked each other in school so naturally we hit it off really well. I really like this guy we have great chemistry, lots in common and looking for the same things in life. We are very open with each other as far as communication which is really great. But... he befriended a coworker of mine on the Internet and asked her out for drinks. She immediately told me since she's knows of us dating. He didn't realize she's a friend of mine although he befriended her from my Facebook friends list.

He and I are 36 and she is 22. I'm a little upset by this and embarrassed because I feel either this guy playing games OR trying to fulfill a fantasy he has of being with an Asian for a one night stand (we've discussed this is something he's wanted to do).

I've confronted him about it and want to just walk away since we are not exclusive should I be so hard on him. In the back of my mind can't help but think if I become serious with him is this the sort of thing I will be dealing with.

He apologized and says he wants to continue dating and try and build a strong relationship together.

What should I do? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
    jas21309 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 10:04 AM

That was a really crappy thing for him to do! If he's doing these kinds of things so early in your relationship what's he going to do farther down the road? I would definitely leave him!
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 10:31 AM

I agree with jas21309. You've only been dating him 6 weeks and he's already trying to pick up another woman - that's really bad! If you keep seeing him what will he be doing in 2 years? He's a dog - get rid of him before you grow attached. You deserve better.
    ninjajr92 Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Dec 29, 2009, 11:43 AM

Well he hasn't cheated on you, but it was a wrong thing to do. You did the right thing by confronting him. No one can make this decision for you, thus you must follow your mind not your heart. Think things through and good luck. =]
    J. Sparks Posts: 69, Reputation: 15

Dec 29, 2009, 01:13 PM

If you're not in an exclusive relationship. He should be able to ask anyone out for drinks that he likes.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 01:33 PM

I feel like we are missing something.

He befriends someone from your Facebook page but doesn't realize you are friends? Something doesn't make sense.
    jmooney527 Posts: 200, Reputation: 83

Dec 29, 2009, 01:46 PM

Yea this is a tough one. Technically you weren't exclusive so you both are free to date other people. It sounds like you weren't fond of the idea of not being exclusive, so you should've spoken up when it was mentioned by him.

Regardless, I wouldn't continue dating someone who was still trying to date other people at the same time as me. It's just something I find unattractive in the other person.

It's a choice you have to make, and it sounds like you are turned off by this. I would bail before you get too emotionally invested in this.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 01:52 PM

If you never had a conversation about boundaries ,such as "no dating my friends",then he has every right to date anyone he wants.

I think it is a pretty good indication he is keeping his options open in the romance department and if I were you I would do the same.

Make sure that you are both on the same page and have the same expectations from the relationship before you go any further.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2009, 05:25 PM
    He is free to date whomever he pleases, and so are you.

Two girls from the same workplace though? Not that smart.
    She immediately told me since she's knows of us dating.
    There is the glitch in the works.
    LivingtheLifeinFLA Posts: 137, Reputation: 29

Dec 29, 2009, 08:10 PM

He's just not that into you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to walk away [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to ask a question how do I walk away from a marriage after 13yrs, we have no children, and I am 37yrs old. I am afraid to start over again because he is all I know for 16yrs. But I am so unhappy, and lonely. I really need a connection with someone, I find myself wanting to be alone...

Should I Just walk away? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Briefly I was dating a guy for 6 months who began not making time for me and making excuses (although he text and called round about every 2 weeks! ) At one point after not hearing from him for weeks he gets in touch and tells me that he loves me and wants to be around me more etc. anyway I...

Should I just walk away [ 12 Answers ]

So me and my ex are considering getting back together. He broke up with me over 5 months ago after me not being the best girlfriend in the world, I took him for granted but realise my mistakes and am prepared to change a few things for him. We kept in contact the whole time we were broken up and...

Should I walk away [ 2 Answers ]

So in October, my ex husband and I finalized our divorce. The divorce decree says that I am responsible for the first mortgage and he is responsible for the second and when are prepayment penalty has expired Feb 2009, we will sell the house and split the value. He gets to live in the home, while...

View more questions Search