Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afoster92669 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 08:11 AM
    Marital home has jugdement against me, what happens if my name is removed
    Going through divorce, judgement is against me but on the home that belongs to us both. If my name is removed from home, what happens to judgement?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 06:44 PM

Do you mean there's a LIEN against the property?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 11:21 AM

What is the lien for ? Most liens have to be satisfied before they can be removed. If it is for child support they can order the home be sold if you try playing games with the title.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 01:49 PM

Please tell us more,

There is a loan on the home, ( is this a mortgage? ) is there also now a judgement because the payment is behind?

But you being off the deed means nothing, since you are still on the mortgage, you can be held liable for the debt, since your name is still on it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Walking out of marital home [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I are fighting in front of my disabled daughter and it is very upsetting for her. He won't leave our family home so I am planning on walking out. Will I be able to force him to sell the house or buy me out if I leave?

Marital home information during separation [ 3 Answers ]

I am separated from my husband for 2 years with no legal documents filed. Do I have a right to half the income of our home if it were rented? He still wants to live in it. Should I ask for rent money?

Leaving the marital home, what do I need to know? [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the UK and soon to be moving out of the marital home. Unfortunately because my husband and I are in an IVA I think we will both end up in bakcruptcy, and we will default o n the mortgage iva etc. Where do I stand legally? Is there anything I need to know/ do, to make it easier on me and...

Can I be forced to leave the marital home [ 2 Answers ]

My wife has left our home with our two sons and is now living with her mother. She told me that she wants me to leave the home, so she can move back in with our children and also wants me to continue to pay the mortgage and all the bills. She is not working and never has since our children were...

View more questions Search