Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Dec 28, 2009, 01:25 AM
    Sexually Harassed
    I live alone in a studio apartment. I'm a 19-year-old college student. A man followed me up to my apartment and tried to come in. I pushed against the door and screamed at him and he backed off. I'm going to pick up some pepper spray tomorrow. What else do I do? I'm so scared. I come home around nine from work most nights. He could have come into my apartment, he was right at the door and now he knows where I live.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2009, 01:27 AM
    Did you call the police? If not, you should have.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 28, 2009, 01:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Did you call the police? If not, you should have.
    First thing to do, I agree. File a report, tell them what happeded and give a description of this man to the police.

Dec 28, 2009, 01:41 AM

No I didn't. I don't know what he looks like, I was walking away from him.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 28, 2009, 01:46 AM

Did you get a look at him when he was trying to get into your apartment? Approximate age, height, weight, build, color of hair, any tattoos, etc?

Dec 30, 2009, 12:46 AM

I went to the police and filed a report. They filed it as general harassment and didn't do anything which was what I thought they were going to do. How useless.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 30, 2009, 01:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerchick_682 View Post
    I went to the police and filed a report. They filed it as general harassment and didn't do anything which was what I thought they were going to do. How useless.
    I know it seems useless, but now there's a file.

Sadly, the man didn't do anything to you, you also don't know who he is, so there's very little that the police can do. Still, filing was the right way to handle this. Keep filing if it happens again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tired of being harassed! [ 18 Answers ]

There is this young guy in my school who won't leave me alone. He is always trying to touch me innapropriatly, grabbing me, hitting on me, sometimes he even pushes me around. I have gone to higher authorities and he still follows me and will simply not leave me alone. In the hall way he stalks me...

Getting Harassed By Police [ 23 Answers ]

This past weekend I was harassed endlessly by police in my town-for a garbage can!! My neighbor called the police and told them my garbage can was a few inches on her property, which it was not but I was not given a chance to prove it. So then tenants downstairs (best friends with neighbor) told...

Harassed by a neighbor [ 3 Answers ]

I have been harassed by a neighbor for 11 years. I worked until disabled for the same company. I knew this person got along well. Once I received my disability and fixed up my home this started. Night visits from undercover cops , cps visits, and for real now I get regular visits from the...

I am being harassed by my neighbor. [ 7 Answers ]

For the last three days, my neighbors and I have been harassed by another neighbor. We live in an apartment complex. He was always giving my neighbors problems, which they had called the police several times, but only started on me Thursday night. The only reason he started on me is because my good...

Harassed [ 4 Answers ]

Okay here's my question. Just recently me, my husband and my 3 kids moved. Upon moving we met the neighbors (which were cool people). The gentleman across the street was real friendly, he lived there with his mom- okay no big deal right. Well one day I came home from work and I waved to him (my...

View more questions Search