Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Barbwire24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 10:16 PM
    Who do I go to in the state of Washington for Grade Skipping?
    My daughter is 11 and in the 7th grade in the state of Washington. Aposing her classmates she has talents beyond the expected, with much talents in creative activities, leading and other reasons that would leave me to think she needs to bump a grade. We've discussed it and brought out the inner details, but we just don't know where to go.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 27, 2009, 10:20 PM
    Talk to her teachers as well as the principal of the school.
    logan176 Posts: 341, Reputation: 6

Mar 27, 2010, 02:31 PM

J9 is right. Speak to her teacher and her principal. Share your thoughts and see if her teacher has noticed the things that you have. When it comes to skipping grades, just keep one thing in mind. Certain classes build off the skills of the previous ones. I wish you the best of luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2010, 04:03 PM

Yes, only the school admin can OK a skip in grades, They will be looking for nearly perfect grades plus often give them the end of the year test ( CAT, Iowa test, CRCT or other similar test your school may use) This would show if they have meet the min requirements for the next grade level.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I go to have my child tested for grade skipping? [ 10 Answers ]

Well,. I have an 13 year old daughter,and she feels that she is doing the same work very year,she is in the 8th grade,I wouldn't say she's an A honor roll student but she does make good grade.The question is where in Albany can I have my child tested to skip the 8th grade,and go on to bigger an...

Adultery in Washington state [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a law in Washington state against adultery?

Skipping 8th grade [ 3 Answers ]

When I was in the 6th grade, at the end of the year my teachers and parents decided that I should repeat the grade. However, being in 7th grade has not proven to be a challenge and I decide I would try and get into high school for the next year, but I have no idea what to do!

Roofing in Washington State [ 2 Answers ]

When re-roofing in WA state with 20 year asphalt shingles what is my roof venting requirements, where can I look that up, and what is the best way to go about installing that venting?

View more questions Search