Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annexiea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 07:50 PM
    real estate in a divorce
    inmy divorce my x was awarded sole custody of our joint propery... it also states that he must refinance in 90 days or place the property up for sale which he has not done either... he said he is going to let the property foreclose... he has not removed my name off the taxes or insurance which in the decree it says he must... what can I do because I wood like to buy in the near future... edpending on the reply I am willing to hire an attorney to help settle this matter.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 27, 2009, 08:00 PM

Where is the attorney that handled the divorce? You need to go back to the Divorce Court and either amend the decree or force him to honor it.
    Can you afford to buy him out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2009, 08:03 PM

Yes, sadly divorce court order will not stop you being named in the foreclosure if you are on the mortgage jointly. So if it does foreclosure, it will also ruin your credit also, just as the late pays are already effecting it.

You will have to take him back to court to try and force him to sell, or perhaps get the court to give you the property if he is not going to do anything

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real estate [ 1 Answers ]

I am moving from W.V. to S.C. how do I find the apartment or house I need before moving?

Divorce Division of Real Estate [ 2 Answers ]

My separated wife and I own a home in Virginia. She moved out of the house in June of 2000. I have made all of the mortgage payments which include taxes, insurance, etc.. As well as upkeep and improvements since that date. When we get an official divorce in Virginia, is there some level of credit...

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

Real Estate [ 3 Answers ]

Does any one here know about real estate. I'm wondering which aspect of the whole career is best as in buying a house fixing it up and selling or going through companies. Or if they are two totally different things in all. Just any info would be appreciated. Thanks

View more questions Search