Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confusedNebr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 06:19 PM
    One of my bfs friends that is a girl won't stop texting him and says she's his best friends
    I have been dating my boyfriend for two months and one of his friends that is a girl (he has a few that are) won't stop texting him when we are together. I have asked him to tell her to back off the texting when we are together and he did and she gave him a gilt trip saying that they are best friends and hasn't stopped. He is best friends with her boyfriend and textes my boyfriend when they are out together complaining about her boyfriend. I texted her from his phone asking her why she textes him so much and she replied because we are best friends and he has always been there for her. She basically told me to get over it and not to get weird about their friendship because I will be his best friend also. I think she is acting like a person in high school about the best friends stuff and I was so mad that we had a huge fight about it and I left him. He did call me the next day and we did get back together under the understanding that if she really wanted him to be happy like she claims then she should have respect for our relationship and give us our time together without bothering him all day and stop putting herself first. I hope that she stops or it will end our relationship. Did I do the right thing?
    lala0306 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 06:25 PM

Yes you did. If she really is his 'best friend' then she'd respect your relationship with him and let yous have time together. I think she's just jealous.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 27, 2009, 09:25 PM
    When you are with your boyfriend, why don't you both just turn off your phones.

I think it is very rude to be out with someone, and they keep interrupting a conversation, to answer a text or a call.

Unless either of you are brain surgeons or otherwise VIP's, there should be no need to use the phones when you are out on a date together.
    lesie Posts: 19, Reputation: -3

Jul 3, 2012, 06:18 PM
    U totally did the right thing! Don't worry, relax!
    durpstick Posts: 34, Reputation: 8

Jul 3, 2012, 11:37 PM
    As his friend she can text him whenever she wants, on the same coin he can ignore texts whenever he wants as well.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2012, 07:20 AM
    Look at the dates before posting. This thread is three years dead and the OP has only ever had the ONE post and won't see any answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend texting another girl? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been seeing each other for 6 months. He has a female friend from before me. She lives far away. He says they are just friends. They slept together once but says he regrets it as he is not attracted to her. He stopped all contact 3 months after we were together. We went away...

She won't stop texting my boyfriend [ 9 Answers ]

Sorry this is a long one. I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years. He had a friend sarah,she sounded nice so I never worried about it, then she was texting all the time any excuse for him to go there. He would visit her once a week and watch a film with her, I was fine with it until one day he...

Should I stop texting him [ 6 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend. But my roommate introduced a guy to me the other day, and he asked my phone number. My roommate already knew I am in a relationship, but she said she just wanted me to have one more friend. She knows my boyfriend and I are in a long distance now, and we see each other monthly....

Me and my girlfriend of 3 years ended are relationship now she's texting me [ 2 Answers ]

Hi well I was with my girlf for 3yrz I was 17 and she was 15.. Iam now 20 going on 21 and she turned 19.. She works away I when we split up before for abit we just enjoyed are selfs going out drinking an partyin as we were over 18years old when then did get back together but while me split we did...

Don't get along with BFs friends [ 17 Answers ]

I really don't like my boyfriends friends. They are very much men about town, endless boys nights, booze and women and no respect for relationships or how to hold one. Additionally they are the snobby, fashy kind and find them fake. My bfs best friend tried it on with me at the beginning of...

View more questions Search