Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah212121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 03:09 PM
    Father's Rights?
    Does a father have any right if a woman wants to have an unplanned pregancy? Can she demand anything from him if he does not want to participate?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 14, 2006, 04:14 PM
    Ok, the man can refuse to have sex unless he is wearing protection.

And she can break up with him and date someone who will have sex.

If she does have a child she can get child support for the child.

Are you married, dating or what.

But if the man does not want to be a father, he can refuse to have sex that is not protected, that is about it
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2006, 07:17 PM
    I truly do not undersand why anyone would want an unplanned pregnancy.

But I agree with Fr. Chuck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2006, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah212121
    Does a father have any right if a woman wants to have an unplanned pregancy? Can she demand anything from him if he does not want to participate?
    We have an oxymoron here. If the woman wants it how can it be unplanned?

If woman demands sex from somoneone unwilling to participate that could be considered rape.

Why don't you tell us the REAL story instead of asking foolish questions.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 17, 2006, 03:50 PM
    If, you do not want to get a woman pregnant... do not have sex with that woman... for your actions... if you continue with a relationship with this woman... is accepting the child of that union... so no you have no rights... the right is for the child... for the child has the right to live...

There are two ways to live your life one is as through nothing is a miracle the other is as through every thing is a miracle... Albert Einstein
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2006, 09:59 PM
    Wow, you all seem to be a bit hard on Sarah.

If 2 people have sex and the woman gets pregnant from it, it is the mother's choice whether to abort or not, and ONLY the mother's choice.

The father is out of luck.

A bit of unfairness in the law, yes, but, alas, that is the law.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 19, 2006, 08:48 AM
    Yes it's the mother's choice, but that wasn't the question here. The reason we were kind of hard on the OP was the question about wanting an "unplanned" pregnancy.

If someone wants something, then how can it be unplanned? Sounds to me like she may be planning to sucker someone into getting her pregnant. Now I wouldn't necessarily object to that, after all the guy gets some pleasure out of it, But then she asks if she can force him to participate.

Now she doesn't specify whether she wants to force participation in the initial act or afterwards. But either way I don't like the idea of someone being tricked and forced into something.

So, were we harsh, I don't think so.
    wildcatgirl Posts: 73, Reputation: 13

Nov 19, 2006, 08:59 AM
    I don't know if Sarah is speaking in hypothetical terms or not. I would still want to know the if, where, how, and why. But, if (I'm speaking hypothetically) were to get pregnant and wanted to keep the baby and if the father didn't want to have anything to do with it(assuming we were not married), I would think it would be totally WRONG to demand ANYTHING from the father. That is why there are adoption agencies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquishing of Father's Parental Rights [ 8 Answers ]

Hello Everyone. My name is Catherine. I live in Chesapeake, Virginia. I need to know what I need to do do get my daughter's father's rights terminated. He's already signed a paper stating he is willingly terminating his rights and got it notarized. I know I went to some site and it said if the...

Step father's right to adopt [ 2 Answers ]

Can you please tell me how can I go about adopting my step son who is 8 years old? His biological father rights were taken and I would like to adopt my fiance's son. What do I need to do?

Father's rights [ 8 Answers ]

I have a five year old daughter. Her father was a registered sex offender (I did not know)and left for AK when she was born. I made it clear I wanted nothing to do with him. I have not seen or heard from him in over four years. He knew about his daughter but to my knolwledge has never tried to find...

Natural Father's Rights [ 4 Answers ]

Long story short. Dated a women I'll name "Jane" several times. On the last date, she said she had a husband who was in jail. The fact that she was married was enough to end the relationship. Since then I have married a longtime sweetheart. A month and a half after we split up, "Jane" told...

Stock in Deceased Father's Name [ 2 Answers ]

I recently found some stock certificates in my deceased father's name. He passed away about 10 years ago. The certificates are for 40,000 shares of Combined Penny Stock Fund, Inc. I found out that Combined Penny Stock Fund Inc. recently liquidated for $.01 per share. (Giving these stock...

View more questions Search