Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    huskermlh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 05:00 PM
    How to get recognized as a singer
    Well, I live in Nebraska, I'm 11 years old, and in 6th grade. I absolutely LOVE singing. When I say my night prayers, I always add that I want to be a singer when I grow up. I am in my church choir, I am also in my All City Girl's Choir. I have been in 2 local plays, and I dance. But, my life long dream is to become a singer and get noticed.

Loads of love,
    Melissa Hinton :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2009, 05:30 PM
    Hi, Melissa!

Have you sung solos anywhere, please?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2009, 05:59 PM

Are you taking private voice and/or some type of music lessons

Dec 28, 2009, 01:26 PM

Well ,I've done many solos in the plays that I've been in and I've sang solos in chorus too. I do play saxophone in the school band. I played piano and violin too. But I do not know a good voice teacher in Lincoln, so I do not take voice lessons. Oh, I forgot to mention that I have also been in the Sing Around Nebraska Honor Choir 2 times.

Melissa Hinton
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Dec 28, 2009, 01:43 PM

You might be able to post videos of your singing on YouTube if your parents allow it. If they don't approve of having you on there you can ask if you can just record your voice an post it. Have you heard of ingrid michealson? She is a well known singer who became famous for posting her videos on YouTube.
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 10:21 PM
    Hi again, Melissa!

If you've already sung many solos, then there's no doubt that you're already getting noticed and becoming a singer.

Do you have a local dinner theater and community theater organizations in the area in which you live?

Also, how about approaching the directors of any of the groups that you're in to see if one of them would be willing to give you private voice lessons?

Thanks!
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

Dec 29, 2009, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by huskermlh View Post
    Well, I live in Nebraska, I'm 11 years old, and in 6th grade. I absolutely LOVE singing. When I say my night prayers, I always add in that I want to be a singer when I grow up. I am in my church choir, I am also in my All City Girl's Choir. I have been in 2 local plays, and I dance. But, my life long dream is to become a singer and get noticed.

Loads of love,
    Melissa Hinton :)
    Melissa,

You already are a singer! And you have been noticed! God notices anything you say or sing unto him. That is all that matters. I once had dreams of fame and fortune, but now I have put God in the spotlight, and let him shine. Whatever God gives you for glorifying him is your reward. Never sell yourself into the world of fame and fortune and expect true happiness. A good example of this: Justin Bieber. He is happy now, but went from singing in church, to a life of compromising himself for money. Miley Cyrus has literally sold herself to the devil, which is evident in her song "The Climb" You can hear the anguish of her worried about "I'll never reach it", and "Sometimes I'm going to have to lose" What? I thought she had it all! She is not in control of her life or career. It is controlled by the "devils" of the industry that Michael Jackson exposed. The most valid point about Miley's song, the Climb, is how it says "It's not about what's waiting on the other side" which is not Christian. It IS all about what is waiting on the other side, eternal life with God!

Lots of Love,
    Michael
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2009, 01:29 PM
    Outstanding answer, Michael! :)

I couldn't spread the "love" to you so soon after already rating another of your answers so recently!

Thanks!

Dec 30, 2009, 12:53 PM

Thanks for all your replies guys! ;) I guess I just needed some confidence in myself to get me going! If there are any more suggestions, please share! :):):)

Loads of thanks,
    Melissa Hinton
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

Jan 7, 2010, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Outstanding answer, Michael! :)

I couldn't spread the "love" to you so soon after already rating another of your answers so recently!

Thanks!
    Thank You Clough, and God Bless.
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 09:51 PM
    God Bless You Too, Michael!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Singer Sewing Machine "singer merritt 4525" us a free motion foot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I saw one that's cleaver and free-motion sewing machine foot being use. My sewing machine is a singer merrit 4525. Can I use a free-motion foot on it? Also, Does anyone know a place online to get or lookat a free manual for that model? Thank for the help, Kathy Hamann

Revenue Recognized [ 5 Answers ]

Am I on the right track, if not please help me: :confused: A retailer earns a 10% commission on the sale of a $150,000 home. The realtor lists the home on June 5, the sale occurs on June 12 and the sellers pay the realtors the $15,000 commission on July 8. When should the realtor recognize revenue...

CD device not recognized [ 2 Answers ]

My cd is not working on my Gateway. When I push the open button on the tower itself nothing happens. When I restart the computer I get an error that the cd device is not recognized and it does not come up in My Computer. Any guesses?

How to get recognized/heard [ 6 Answers ]

Hello one of my passions in life is singing. I want to know how do I get started in this industry, how or who can I speak to to get started or noticed. I watch people on TV like Keisha Cole and see her story. All I want is to be heard, to be given an opportunity to showcase this God given talent...

Printer not Recognized [ 7 Answers ]

I am very new to networking. I recently setup a Linksys Wireless network for 3 of the computers in my house. All computers are running XP Pro. I did not use the Windows Wireless Network setup wizard. I simply configured the router then use the provided software with the cards and enabled WEP. I...

View more questions Search