Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    no1brownsugar Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Dec 27, 2009, 12:31 PM
    Dermetologist in London, Uk
    Hey guys. I have a problem - in my childhood I obtained many scars from climbing trees and being the ulltimate tomboy lol but now I have all these dark marks and not sure how to get rid of them. I've tried almost everything and think I need some professional help.

I am of african origin and quite light therefore the dark marks are very visible so can anyone recommend a dermatologist in London UK for me?

Jan 12, 2010, 11:15 AM

Male or female... don't mind. Just want to kn ow what they'll suggest for me as I've tried almost everything.
    Thanks in advance xx
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2010, 10:59 PM

Wow... Nobrownsugar thazt sounds a lot like me when I was a kid. Because I used to climb trees, climb and jump over gates, fight boys, and anything else rough since I grew up with 4 brothers, as my sister had moved away.

Unfortunately, I have several scars on my legs, hands, and arms that are still visible. I am fading mine with lactic acid which is an AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) 2x a week, along with a skin lightener. Glycolic acid is another option and is stronger.

Also, Retin-a (tretinoin) can be used along with a good skin lightener to help fade the areas.. but for my body, I have been able to have more success with AHAs for the thicker areas of my skin.

Jan 18, 2010, 05:20 AM
    Where do I even begin to get all these products from? I have no idea where to start... could you help?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search