Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rtgoff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 06:01 AM
    How to bid office cleaning
    Hello:
    I just discovered this site and have a question.
    I am a disabled vet and on SSDI. I want to start my own small commercial cleaning co. here in my small town. There are none here yet but there's lots of commercial businesses and we are growing rapidly. I will get some preference as a disabled vet on state/govt. projects but don't know where to start to locate potential clients. Who do I contact? Is it better to price by the hr. or sq.ft?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Ralph
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 31, 2009, 11:07 AM

HI RT,

Sales lead in any business. However a good business plan is necessary to promote success. Also make sure that you and your clients are protected with liability insurance.

There are many ways to get sales; Advertising (web, news print, brochures, flyers, etc), net working (small local groups, word of mouth to everyone that will listen, etc), direct contact; this is the one that I will address...

You have to get out and wear the skin off your knuckles my friend. You have to knock on their doors, shake their 'tress', be 'the solution.'

Face to face contact is the best way to generate sales and profit.

Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2009, 10:55 PM
    Hi, Ralph!

If you need any help promoting your business on the Internet, I can definitely give you some help with that!

Thanks!
    eriwright Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 03:08 PM
    Hi, I have a chance to do general office cleaning. It is a new office building which is 2,000 square feet. How much would I charge for the job once a week?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial Office Bid-- [ 33 Answers ]

I am hoping to find some advice on here -- I have a janitorial business. Im pretty confident with the pricing of the homes and apartments, however, when I went to an apartment complex, they asked me to quote them also on their office area - which Im definitely not quite sure as to how to do that. ...

Office cleaning bid [ 1 Answers ]

I live in ocean county nj I would like to know how to bid on a 7000 sqft bank 5 days a week

Cleaning bid [ 3 Answers ]

What is the dollar amount to bid per square foot on a small office building 1000 sq ft

Cleaning bid for dental office [ 2 Answers ]

I have been doing residential cleaning and charge by the hour. I now have the opportunity to bid on a cleaning job for a dental office. I have no idea how to charge! Help please

Cleaning Bid [ 4 Answers ]

I need help with a commercial cleaning bid. The apartments are off campus for a large university. There are 64 apts with 4 bdrms and 4 and 1/2 baths in each unit along with kitchen, living room, and dining. They will all be cleaned within a 9 day period. Also keep in mind they were lived in by...

View more questions Search