Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninjablue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 09:21 PM
    How do Rafflesia protect themselves
    Do rafflesia protect themselves by producing poisonous sap,having brightly coloured petals,emitting foul smell,having sharp thorns orany other ways?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2009, 11:13 PM

It doesn't seem too much for protection. It has a flesh rotting smell which would repel humans, and some animals, but attracts beetles and flies. The beetles and flies are good for it because they pollinate it, similarly like bees do to most flowers.

Even through its acrid smell, shrews and some other small animals are known to eat its fruit, and through defecation, spread its seeds. It is a parasitic plant, having root like structures in vines. It only exists in Asia.

Rafflesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is This right, Can I protect Myself [ 1 Answers ]

I have worked for a Corporation in Arizona for 17 years. Rumors state that this company does not want to pay out severence packages, so instead they will find reason to fire people. There are suddenly many people going on a performance plan. The Supervisor states that they have received orders...

How Do I protect myself [ 4 Answers ]

Hello My common law husband left us a month ago for an other woman that he has been dating since October. He is not working and is giving us a hard time. How could I get child support from a man that is not working? What can I do to insure that my daughter gets the money she deserves? Please help me

Trying to protect her [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, OK me and this girl finaaly hooked up. We have been going ro about 3 months and I really love. How do I protect without being overprotective like I'm her father or something. I don't seem like an its just somrtimes I worry about her. I did a lot to earn her love and trust and I don't want to...

Protect yourself [ 5 Answers ]

I think we all know we here in the USA live in a sue happy environment. What's the best situation to protect money in your bank account if someone Attempts to sue you? Or better question where it's the safest place to keep a lot of money say 50k? (and under the mattress doesn't count,...

View more questions Search