Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lukie2305 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 11:16 AM
    My computer only downloads part of a file then suddenly stops
    I use windows xp, and on internet explorer I try to download a file e.g an itunes update and it only downloads a bit of the file then just stops, and also if I try to watch a video online and it only loads a few seconds of it, does anybody know how to solve this problem? Thank you
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Dec 26, 2009, 04:40 PM

Hi,
    Not a big fan of some XP version; SP2 did a lot for Pro, but nothing seems to help Media Center much.
    Have you tried right-clicking and Save File As.. or Open.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Dec 30, 2009, 10:50 AM

I suspect your Internet Service Provider. What connection do you have?

Best thing to get is FireFox. It supports download resuming. If your download bombs out at 67% it will just resume the download.

Hope this helped :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need opinions!While typing an email, it suddenly stops and gets saved into Drafts [ 9 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with any easy advice as I am self taught and basically just know how to surf... I have a Mac osx and if I am typing an email while in hotmail, for instance, suddenly:eek: after about 30 seconds it cuts off :(and gets saved in Drafts... every single time! Also, it happens in...

Router:sometimes work and stops suddenly. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'm Ahmad Abdallah I have a D-link Router Di-524 and it is not working properly :( The problem is... sometimes it works and sometimes stopes suddenly don't know why :( And the time in it can't be up to date is has a range from 2002 to 2007, Hope you help me :( Thanks with all my respect...

Not yet divorced, dad suddenly stops calling kids [ 3 Answers ]

I filed for divorce from husband 1 1/2 yrs ago, very ugly divorce and still pending. He is normally fighting me for every minute of time with our 3 children that he can get. He usually calls a few times a week. (They live with me) He missed his last visitation and now hasn't had contact with the...

92 Honda suddenly stops [ 2 Answers ]

The problem with this car is driving me crazy. Car starts I am driving for a while and just stops. One time it happened at a red light another time while I was driving. When it stops the radio is still playing, I can use the hazzard lights but the power stearing is out. After a while, it starts...

1993 Civic EX suddenly stops running and won't re-start [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, My girlfriend's Honda Civic (1993 EX model) died within 3 blocks of her workplace the other day. Not being able to troubleshoot the problem in 5 deg weather, I towed it to my house to have a closer look. The car turns over just fine... the engine is not seized, the starter works fine...

View more questions Search