Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tcosgr57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 01:50 AM
    My acer aspire 5720 continues to not operate. It shuts down,goes to a blue screen et
    My computer is not working correctly. It shuts down goes to blue screen & won't let me operate it ike it should. On entering password it will go aspire screen and show message th windows vista has recoverd from an unexpected shutdown. The blue circle will sit and spin and nothing will happen. It then shuts down.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Dec 30, 2009, 10:59 AM

ACER's ram modules like to blow. If you have 2 modules, try removing one and trying again...

If not, I recommend you click on startup and repair. Wait for the scan to complete then click on advanced option. Run CMD (Comand Prompt) and the type: CHKDSK C: /F

If this doesn't sort out the problem then try restoring windows to an earlier point where the laptop still worked.

If this doesn't work then you'll have to Restore the opperating system. This will wipe out all your files on c:...
    To do this, Shut Down the laptop. Start it up. You should see the ACER screen for 3 second or so. The moment you see that screen disappear, hold down the ALT key and keep pressing the F10 key.
    Some people struggle to get into this recovery mode but just keep on trying.

Hope this helps..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acer Aspire M1640 not booting [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all. I have an Acer Aspire desktop (M1640) that I purchased just over a year ago (as in... my warranty has expired... just barely, but expired). The other day, the computer froze, I tried the usual, alt + tab, ctrl + alt + del to try and get to task manager, but nothing worked, so I...

Acer aspire 1413 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all Can someone please help. I am trying to recoverer my acer aspire 1413 however when I put in the second recovery disk I get a message that states (cannot open image file X:\images\60ea1012.ghs. I suspect my disc is faulty. Please help Paulw1200

Acer aspire one. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey folks,first,happy new year to you all!! OK,just got an acer aspire one,what a nightmare! It came with mcafee security,so I got rid of that and installed avast,then the problems came,the thing will not work at all,I've got all my icons on desktop but nothing works,I deleated avast but its...

Acer Aspire 5920 Laptop. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have been having a lengthy discussion about laptops in another post and I have come to the decision that I am going to buy this laptop. However I'm just wondering is there anyone here that has this laptop? Or a laptop that betters it for the same price? Thanks a lot.

How to reboot an acer aspire 5000 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all just wondered what keys I need to use to reboot an acer aspire 5000 to factory settings as I haven't a disk .

View more questions Search