Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    citylover Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2009, 10:36 PM
    Not sure what to answer in Zone Alarm
    Windows 7 - just downloaded Zone Alarm and it is asking :

"SupportSoft Agent is trying to access the Internet" deny/allow

Can someone tell me what SSA is? And if I should be allowing it or not.
    Thanks
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2009, 08:37 AM
    I Googled "SupportSoft Agent" and found this:
    Supportsoft is part of the installation package for TalkTalk, when you
    Installed TalkTalk it should have told you to tell your firewall to allow supportsoft.
    Did you also install TalkTalk (or some other communications program)? My guess is you'll want to allow it, but the safe thing to do is deny and see if something you try to do doesn't work right. You can go back into ZA and change whether it allows or denies later if you find that you need to change it.

Good luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vonage and Zone Alarm firewall [ 1 Answers ]

I have gone to Vonage for my phone service. Now when I boot up my computer from stand by I can not get on the web with out doing a computer reboot. I found out that if I go into my Zone Alarm firewall and change my settings to MEDIUM it works fine. Once I am connected I can go back and reset the...

Zone Alarm Firewall [ 7 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP Home with Internet Explorer. For PC Protection I AVG Free Anti-Virus, Ad-Aware SE to detect and rmove Adware, Microsoft Anti-Spyware,Spybot,and Spyware Blaster to detect and remove spyware.Do you advise me to also download Zone Alarm Firewall protection. Some say yes and...

Uninstalled Zone Alarm - Internet No Longer works [ 2 Answers ]

I was running a cracked version of Zone Alarm Pro. I accidentally 'upgraded' to the new ZA Free Verions. At this point my Windows Live Messenger ceased to be able to connect. I searched the internet for solutions and found that it may be my new ZA causing the problem, so I uninstalled it. At this...

Zone Alarm Free Issue [ 7 Answers ]

I got a new computer last week, and installed Zone Alarm Free. No problems since then except for today, when I got a "blocked" message. I can Access AskMeHelpDesk but not Google or Yahoo. I turned off Zone Alarm then turned it back on and now the problem seems fixed... but I'm wondering if...

WindowsXP vs. Zone Alarm Free [ 5 Answers ]

Got a new computer. I had Zone Alarm Free on the other one and I had no problems. ... now I wonder: 1. Is ZA Free really better than WindowsXP firewall? 2. Which of the two uses less resources? Thanks!

View more questions Search