Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lkell60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2009, 08:10 PM
    I lost power in all the outlets in just one room, what do I do?
    Happy hollidays everyone, so, I'm sitting in the front room watching TV and all of a sudden all was dark. I checked the breaker box and one of the smaller switches was moved a bit to the "left" side, I then moved it back to the "right" and it stayed, but still no power to the front room. Do I need to replace the breaker? And how do I do that?
    caimin74 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2009, 08:18 PM

My husband is a carpenter and he says that the breaker is either bad or you've "dropped the ground" in the living room. i.e. one of your wires is broken somewhere. Just an opinion. Have an electrician check it to be sure though.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2009, 08:18 AM

That Breaker that moved a little to the left, needs to be switched all the way to the Left(Off), then Back on.
    Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost power to one room, and one wall, but other things on breaker work [ 11 Answers ]

We have a mobile home, and we've lost power to a bedroom we used as a media room, and along one wall in our living room. Our 2 yr old daughter was flipping the light switch, she flipped it 3 or 4 times by the time I got to her, she'd flipped it again (yes she was doing it fast!) and then everything...

Installed Ceiling Fan in Room A, Lost Light in Room B [ 7 Answers ]

Below I've got a link to two pictures of both electrical boxes if this helps. I have two bedrooms next to each other. They are on the same breaker. Today I installed a very basic ceiling fan into Room A. the wires in the electrical box coming from the ceiling are two tan, one black. I...

No power to outlets in one room. [ 4 Answers ]

About an hour ago the power suddenly went out in one room. The overhead light was still on, but none of the outlets are working. I turned everything off just in case and went to try the circuit breaker, but that didn't work. Then I unplugged everything, but that also didn't work. I felt the walls...

Washing machine fried two outlets and lost power in living room [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm not very informed on the electrical workings of a house so please bear with me! Last night my washing machine, located in the laundry room of the basement stopped working. It had been working perfectly up until then. I tested the dryer next to it and it worked and everything...

Lost power in laundry room [ 1 Answers ]

The power went out the other day and I reset the breakers. Everything came back on and acted normal. 10 min later the laundry room and every outlet that shared an outlet with the laundry room lost power. I replaced the breaker for that room but it didn't work. I'm lost. Please help

View more questions Search