Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nutleg Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2009, 04:57 PM
    After years of dying my hair I'm finding it hard to grow and I've always had long hair h
    After years of dying my hair, it just doesn't grow as fast as it used to, I've been trying to grow out layers for about a year and its taking along time. I just want my hair long all the one length . Does anyone know of any product that would enhance hair growth?
    Cheers nutleg xx
    miss.erin Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Dec 25, 2009, 06:49 PM

The only hair growth product that I know of is Rogaine... but, I don't know that you need that--it's for hair loss.
    As we get older our hair grows slower.. and we do have a bit less hair :(
    From years of dying your hair, it could be damaged and breaking off making it seem like it isn't growing.
    If you brush gently and trim your hair regularly that keeps the ends nice and helps it not to break off higher up the shaft. Also, a nice conditioner like VO5 protects and moisturizes it.
    I've always had long hair too (but never dyed it) and a few years ago I whacked it off into a short do. Hated it. Been letting it grow and finally am getting some length back.
    I like the VO5 because on the days that I don't wash it--but it's maybe a little bed head frizzy, I use a pea sized drop and work it through my hair... feels soft and looks shiny and smooth. I think it protects it to a degree too.
    Sheesh... I sound like a commercial!
    Just trim, condition, take your vitamins, and wait! It'll grow.
    :)
    confuzed1 Posts: 49, Reputation: 4

Dec 25, 2009, 07:03 PM

There is one product you could use, called horse shampoo or something. Be careful with what you are doing to your hair though because it sounds like you might have damaged your hair. Try going to a hair stylist, see what they can do.
    nutleg Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 03:33 PM

Thanks guys xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair in a bun ,hair grow faster? [ 5 Answers ]

Does having you hair in a bun really help hair growth?

Can dying your hair darker cause hair thinning or loss? [ 2 Answers ]

Can coloring your hair cause it to thin? I have had significant thinning, maybe 20% and it not only seemed to start a year and a half ago when I first started to color my hair, but I noticed more loss right within a few days of having it colored. I haven't had it colored now for about 3 months, and...

Removing hair dye and dying hair after [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have had my hair black for about a year now and have decided to take it out. I will be using a product that was recommended for me before when I had dark hair by a professional (Goldwell Colour Remover). I have two questions. 1) Will a dye remover take out colour that has been in the hair...

Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.

How long does cat hair take to grow back? [ 2 Answers ]

We adopted 2 cats 10 months ago from the Animal Rescue Center. One cat was 5 months old at the time. He is a black and white, medium length haired cat. When we got him, the hair on his abdomen was like someone had shaved him. The ARC didn't have any back ground information on him but did say...

View more questions Search