Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thezel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2009, 11:41 AM
    Curing fiberglass
    I repaired a crack in our bathroom tub with laying a piece of fiberglass down. It is taking for ever to cure. Is there a way to improve or speed up the curing?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 26, 2009, 06:07 PM

If it has not cured by now it isn't going to. Did you use fresh resin and catalyst?
    thezel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 08:43 PM
    Yes it was fresh resin, purchased from a store. It has finally become non tacky thanks I was wondering if heat or air would improve the time I guess it was just time.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 27, 2009, 10:08 AM

At this point you have little to loose so try a hair dryer for about 5 minutes, do not use a heat gun for paint removal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Curing compound [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get best result of curing compound ?

Concrete Curing Compound [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks for all the help with my questions. There are some really knowledgeable people on this site. My question is about concrete curing compounds. I am pooring a slab inside a pole barn and sunlight will not hit it until the following morning. It is cool here and usually humid. Do I need to...

Concrete curing [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, my shower drain worked out great! I just poured my concrete and am wondering how I will know when to spray with water to keep it from cracking while it is curing. The slab is 3" thick and 3'x6 1/2'. I live in Denver, very dry climate. Especially this time of year. Your skin can't get enough...

View more questions Search