Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gpye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2009, 11:15 AM
    I have a dialup modem on my newer PC which operates on Win XP.
    I have a dialup modem on my newer PC which operates on Win XP. The problem is I do not have the software to install it. The modem is a "AOpen FM56-PV Controllerless PCI" made by Conexant Systems Inc. 2001. I used it previously on my old PC with the following driver version 212.172.61.0 driver date 6/7/2002 and it worked fine. I'm using my son's laptop to fine and download the driver online to install it on my newer computer. However, when attempting to download the driver I'm prompted to download a driver scan to search for driver problem and update it. That's not what I want. I know the problem and just want to download the driver for the modem which I need to install this hardware. Can you tell me where I can get this driver?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2009, 11:56 AM

Funny, but I used to have a dial up modem and I didn't need any kind of modem controller. The program was already there in the O/S when I installed Windows XP. If you have a newer PC you should already have an Ethernet Card in your machine built in.

Try using the network connections wizard and see if that works for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Telabs 8110 modem ican I used it as leased line modem [ 3 Answers ]

In my office there is a Tellabs 8110 modem from where internet is connected . Is it is a leased line modem or it is a fixed ip broadband modem :)

What is the difference between dialup modem and a Broadband modem? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the difference between dialup modem and a Broadband modem?:confused:

My daughter and I, unintended separation, my life hits newer and newer lows [ 5 Answers ]

A little long but a true story; all must be taken into account to give the proper advices, not opinions. I am 30 and have a 12 year old girl whom I haven't talked to for 5.5 years, we haven't seen each other for about nine. I come from a broken abusive home of self-righteous sociopaths...

How can I connect my second PC which has only dialup modem to my other PC. [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard that a hub could do it and it wouldn't even have to use the dialup modem. The second PC doesn't have an ethernet card. My first PC does, and I have a dsl connection. I would like to be able to access files on my first PC from my second PC. Yes, my second PC has usb ports, but I...

View more questions Search