Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Atila Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Merged

I have taken care of my problem after visiting my dermatologist. He prescribed "Permethrin 5%" topical cream. This is what helped me get rid of these bugs for good: Take a bath on a solution of water (1/2 bathtub), 1/3 gallon of vinager, 4 cups of Epsom Salts and plenty regular salt. After the bath, shower with 10% sulfur soap (easier way to get it is at a Hispanic drugstore under "Acne" treatments, otherwise order "Jabon de Azufre" made by a mexican company named Grisi from the internet), for your hair use "Head and Shoulders" shampoo. If you are a hairy man like me, shave your legs and then put on the Permethrin cream in the parts of your body that are affected, leave the cream on for the night when you go to bed. About the bed, wash your sheets, blankets and pillow covers in hot water with detergent and Borax. Vacuum under the bed thoroughly and spray the mattress, the box spring, the walls around your bed and under and around the bed with Sprayway "Good Night" mitecide (this mitecide I found at Home Depot not under insecticides but under cleaning supplies where they have Lysol and other cleaning sprays), let the spray dry before putting on plastic covers on your mattress and box spring (zippered ones found at Walmart), make your bed and go to sleep. The following morning wash off the Permethrin cream and follow up with another treatment one week hence. Continue showering with sulfur soap (sulfur definitively kill mites), you'll smell like sulfur, but what the heck, I'd rather smell like sulfur 1,000 times rather than not being able to sleep nights on end.
    Most important, relax, this affliction is partially psychological due to the despair caused by trying to get rid of these critters. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

I have taken care of my problem after visiting my dermatologist. He prescribed "Permethrin 5%" topical cream. This is what helped me get rid of these bugs for good: Take a bath on a solution of water (1/2 bathtub), 1/3 gallon of vinager, 4 cups of Epsom Salts and plenty regular salt. After the bath, shower with 10% sulfur soap (easier way to get it is at a Hispanic drugstore under "Acne" treatments, otherwise order "Jabon de Azufre" made by a mexican company named Grisi from the internet), for your hair use "Head and Shoulders" shampoo. If you are a hairy man like me, shave your legs and then put on the Permethrin cream on your legs and the parts of your body that are affected, leave the cream on for the night when you go to bed. About the bed, wash your sheets, blankets and pillow covers in hot water with detergent and Borax. Vacuum under the bed thoroughly and spray the mattress, the box spring, the walls around your bed and under and around the bed with Sprayway "Good Night" mitecide (this mitecide I found at Home Depot not under insecticides but under cleaning supplies where they have Lysol and other cleaning sprays), let the spray dry before putting on plastic covers on your mattress and box spring (zippered ones found at Walmart), make your bed and go to sleep. The following morning wash off the Permethrin cream and follow up with another treatment one week hence. Continue showering with sulfur soap (sulfur definitively kill mites), you'll smell like sulfur, but what the heck, I'd rather smell like sulfur 1,000 times rather than not being able to sleep nights on end.
    There are companies in the internet that sell liquid sulfur. Try spraying that to see if that kills them. Traditionally there are two ways to kill mites: sulfur and kerosene. People in farms use kerosene to kill "chicken mites", all others die with sulfur.
    Most important, relax, this affliction is partially psychological due to the despair caused by trying to get rid of these critters. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

I have taken care of my problem after visiting my dermatologist. He prescribed "Permethrin 5%" topical cream. This is what helped me get rid of these bugs for good: Take a bath on a solution of water (1/2 bathtub), 1/3 gallon of vinager, 4 cups of Epsom Salts and plenty regular salt. After the bath, shower with 10% sulfur soap (easier way to get it is at a Hispanic drugstore under "Acne" treatments, otherwise order "Jabon de Azufre" made by a mexican company named Grisi from the internet), for your hair use "Head and Shoulders" shampoo. If you are a hairy man like me, shave your legs and then put the Permethrin cream on your legs and the parts of your body that are affected, leave the cream on for the night when you go to bed. About the bed, wash your sheets, blankets and pillow covers in hot water with detergent and Borax. Vacuum under the bed thoroughly and spray the mattress, the box spring, the walls around your bed and under and around the bed with Sprayway "Good Night" mitecide (this mitecide I found at Home Depot not under insecticides but under cleaning supplies where they have Lysol and other cleaning sprays), let the spray dry before putting on plastic covers on your mattress and box spring (zippered ones found at Walmart), make your bed and go to sleep. The following morning wash off the Permethrin cream and follow up with another treatment one week hence. Continue showering with sulfur soap (sulfur definitively kill mites), you'll smell like sulfur, but what the heck, I'd rather smell like sulfur 1,000 times rather than not being able to sleep nights on end.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 04:24 AM

I have merged all three of your identical answers into one thread because the information is helpful but you posted these in inactive discussions where they wouldn't be seen. Please check the dates as well as the subject matter when answering a question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ear mites [ 2 Answers ]

We took our kitten to the vet this morning to be treated for ear mites. She is having a rough night. My husband said she got a lot of shots while there. The vet also had to sedate her somewhat because the ear mites were so bad. She is still lying around, I mean she is alert. But she has no...

Ear Mites [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is a miniature chihuahua, and I think she could have EAR mITES!! I'm not sure though, but how can I tell if she has them or not? Is it dangerouse for her? The apointment to the vet isn't till Friday, and I'm really worried for her and I want to know if she's going to be okay in the...

Ear Mites [ 4 Answers ]

I guess my cat has had ear mites (a brownish ear build up) for a little bit now and it didnt look too bad but I started giving her drops last week for it and it almost seems grosser. Is that it being all cleared out or should I clean her ears? Does it get worse before getting better?

Ear mites [ 3 Answers ]

Where do ear mites come from

View more questions Search