Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KNEEES Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2009, 11:24 AM
    How much motrincan you take in a 24 hour period
    What is the maximum dosage in a 24 hour period for over the counter Motrim for adults if each pill is 200 MG
    trulytrying Posts: 122, Reputation: 6

Dec 24, 2009, 05:10 PM

The maximum amount of ibuprofen (Motrin) for adults is 800 milligrams per dose or 3200 mg per day... (4 maximum doses--or once every 6 hours).
    That's really pushing it too... It is advised that you take the least amount possible to avoid the damage that your stomach or intestines could sustain. It could be fatal and without warning--stomach bleeding or perforation, heart attack or stroke. Take the smallest amount you can and for as short a period as possible. The longer you use it the more you increase the risks. I had a ruptured disk and used it for several months and my stomach began to hurt so badly I had to quit taking it and just endure the sciatic pain--which over time has gotten better. I wish you well.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 24, 2009, 07:59 PM
    Prescription strength is 600mg NOT 800mg every 4 - 6 hours PRN (as needed) for pain and/or inflammation. This would be a maximum total of 3600 mg per day.
    Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 11:27 AM
    What I am saying, and I give this out every night at work per prescription, is that 600mg is prescription strength. 800mg is NOT okay. It is very caustic to the lining of the stomach and intestines.

Unless and until you are a registered nurse, please do not give incorrect medical advice.
    Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Prescription strength is 600mg NOT 800mg every 4 - 6 hours PRN (as needed) for pain and/or inflammation. This would be a maximum total of 3600 mg per day.
    You can take Motrin every 4 hours, which equates to 6 times in a 24 hour period. 600mg taken every 4 hours = 3600mg. 600x6 = 3600
    trulytrying Posts: 122, Reputation: 6

Dec 25, 2009, 02:19 PM

I apologize. This is where I got the information...
    Ibuprofen Information from Drugs.com
    I'll refrain in the future and leave it to you guys! :)
    Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 03:59 PM
    This is why I don't trust .com sites. It is incorrect.
    Expert

Dec 26, 2009, 08:52 AM
    Altenweg disagrees: Balancer. Newbies, why don't they read the rules?
    Tut tut Alty... I'm guessing this was an oops?
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 02:58 PM
    Quote:
    Altenweg disagrees: Balancer. Newbies, why don't they read the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Tut tut Alty....I'm guessing this was an oops?
    :rolleyes: That's terrible , maybe Alty didn't read the rules J... :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it OK to work out the same muscles in a 24 hour period [ 2 Answers ]

I want to increase my time in the weight room because I'm not doing a winter sport this year but I do both spring and fall sports. But I don't want to do any harm to my muscles

Zero Hour [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a film in school around the 1980's. I think it was a scholastic 8 mm movie . It was called "Zero Hour" . It was about a group of kids playing a game "invasion". The main character is a little girl named Ming. It was set in the future. The game takes a twist and ends up being a real alien...

Hour cut [ 4 Answers ]

My friend works in the kitchen at a franchise he walk in to work and was there for an hour they told him to go home. Is there a law that states that they would have to pay him for at lease 4 hours

A/c only runs for an hour [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, about 3 days ago my a/c unit inside started to pour out water. I bought a wet dry vac and unclogged the pipes, and changed the filter. Now, it will work fine for about an hour, then it starts to struggle. The inside unit tries to run but it does not kick in only makes whispering noise and...

3-hour diet [ 2 Answers ]

Has anybody heard of 3- Hour Diet program by jorger cruise?? I just want to know is it effective?? If anybody doing this diet please reply me ~

View more questions Search