Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SANTOS.SANTIAGO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2009, 07:53 AM
    A child at 12yrs old is old enough to not have a babysitter in the state of Florida
    A child at 12yrs old is old enough to not have a babysitter in the state of Florida
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2009, 08:08 AM

Yes, if they are mature enough and nothing happens.

It is not a issue of them staying alone unless there is a issue or something happens.

If the parents are divorced, this can be a issue fought over in court over custody, even though there are no 'laws" it is a matter of opinion.

The real problem is if something happens, if the house burns down, or a child gets hurt, then Children and family serivces will investigate and their opinion of the maturity of the child may not be the same as yours

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers right in Florida state [ 4 Answers ]

What right does the father have in the state of Florida if the parents were never married, the father lives out of state, the father is on the birth certificate. Need answer asap What right does the father have in the state of Florida if the parents were never married, the father lives...

Child support questions state of Florida [ 3 Answers ]

My X-husband owes a few thousand dollars in child support, can I either lien his new house that has both his name and his new wife's name(which is a different last name) or I recently found out she deposited an inheritance in their joint account, can I freeze those assets and collect? thanks, MH

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

View more questions Search