Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lal10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2009, 04:41 AM
    Us state tax file india
    I have filled my Federal tax of 2008 on time but forgot to file State Tax (IL), please suggest the way to file the tax as I can't file online now & I am not in US. Please provides pointes to follow the same.

Thanking you in Advance
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 24, 2009, 11:56 AM
    You will need to MAIL the Illinois return. You can download the required forms from the Illinois state government website.

If you are due a refund, there will be no penalties or interest charges for filing late.

If you need professional help, email me at [email protected].
    lal10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2009, 02:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert View Post
    You will need to MAIL the Illinois return. You can download the required forms from the Illinois state government website.

If you are due a refund, there will be no penalties or interest charges for filing late.

If you need professional help, email me at [email protected].

Thanks for the reply.

What in case if I owe money

In that case how I should proceed ?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 27, 2009, 03:01 PM
    Send them a check with the return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I file usa tax from India ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I worked in usa in 2008 & now returned back to India.. I got my w-2 for 2008 and would like to file my tax returns.. before that I have couple of doubts.. clarify.. 1) Can I file from India ? 2) Can I file online(turbotax) & give address of my friend's in usa for check delivery.. 3)...

Wife in india during tax year. Can I file joint state return for MN? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I got married at the end of 2007. My wife came to US in 2008. Filed federal return jointly along with W7 and obtained ITIN. I've to file MN state return. Could I still use married filing jointly with MN return. If yes, is form M1 sufficient or do I have to attach form M1NR for my wife even...

India tax treaty exemption on California state tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was a full time employee from working on OPT from 01/01/07 to 09/30/07 and then was on H1-B status from 10/01/07 to 12/31/07. I am filing my 1040 nr for federal and would like to know answers to following questions: 1. what is the india tax treaty exemption for 2007 2. Is the standard...

How does the US/India tax treaty affect the state tax refund? [ 3 Answers ]

The people who make International Student Taxes have put a special resource page for Indians. International Student Taxes | Resources | Students from India I am stuck on a point in this page. To quote: "2. If you took the standard deduction last year, do not put anything on Line 4 of...

How to file US tax returns from India [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I worked in USA from Aug-2005 to July-2006. I filed my tax returns for 2005. But now I am back to India, and I need file my tax returns for 2006. Can anyone suggest me how to file tax returns from India? I calculated that I would be receiving some refund. How do IRS send refund to...

View more questions Search