Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shaggy420 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Dec 24, 2009, 12:28 AM
    Is it appropriate to ask out customers
    I work at a liquor store - is it appropriate to ask out a customer?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Dec 24, 2009, 12:32 AM

Is there anything in your employee handbook against it? If not, then there's nothing exactly wrong with it. You'll either be turned down or you'll get a date out of it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2009, 12:33 AM
    Hi, Shaggy420!

I don't know why you've posted this in Forum Help. But, I'm asking Administration that it be moved to Customer Service.

The Forum Help forum topic area is for getting help with using this site.

Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2009, 01:06 AM
    Hi again, Shaggy420!

I agree with hheath541 about looking into the possibility that there might be a policy against it. If there's no policy against it, then I would like for you to consider the following.

If this is concerning a customer with whom you've had small talk over a long period and gotten to know each other, there should be no problem, again as long as there's not a policy against approaching customers like that.

But, if this is a new or relatively new customer, then I would appreciate it if you would put yourself in the place of the customer as to how you would feel if an employee was approaching you for a date.

Just some thoughts to consider...

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2009, 08:24 AM

Nothing wrong at all, customers ask clerks out all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to treat customers [ 3 Answers ]

What do you do when you try to explain certain thing to your customer and she took it with annoyance?

Customers and Their Refunds [ 2 Answers ]

What's a good rebuttal for when a customer has bought a home based business and a couple of weeks later they want a refund of what it starts to cost. How can I overcome or persuade the customer to not want a refund besides waiving start up fees and etc? What would be a good way to phrase it?

Types of customers [ 2 Answers ]

HI All, Thx a lot for answering the question. It helped a lot. Appreciate it. I have another question though! :) How may types of customers do you come across in the customer service industry?

Trying to keep customers happy [ 4 Answers ]

This is a question for some of the plumbers that I see giving advice to others on here. If a person buys a product at the hardware stores and ask you to install it for him how do you determine what you might charge and how do you explain to the customer that he is actually not saving money in...

View more questions Search