Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happyemo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2009, 05:23 PM
    How to remove lighter shade of dye
    Hi. I'm a middle schooler, who's been dying my hair since kindergarten. Here I'll explain what I did with my hair's color over time. In kindergarten, I got blonde hilights. I also got blonde hi-lights in 1st grade and 2nd grade. Then I decided to go to a red tint on my hair all over my head in 3rd. In 4th grade I got blonde once again, but my red still remained, but faded away a little bit. In 5th grade, I got red again. Then in 6th I got blonde hilights. I'm in 7th grade and I just got my hair red again about 3 months ago and is highly disappointed because it's way too bright. I just want to have my natural black color. I don't want to wait for it grow out. Thanks a whole bunch!! :)
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2009, 08:26 PM
    I don't believe you.

You don't simply dye black hair blonde and kindergarteners don't bleach and tone. Red dyes won't cover black. You also can't "remove" lighter shades of dye. If you really had done what you say you've done, you would have known that. After three months, haircoloring fades -- and red fades the worst.

What was the real reason you posted?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to go one shade lighter on dark brown hair [ 1 Answers ]

My client is 80% grey. She has dyed her hair a level 5 natural brown , but would like to now be a level 6. what is the best way to achieve this without having lighter roots?

URGENT I need info on how to dye my hair lighter xx [ 1 Answers ]

I have died my hair a few times and recently I died it black its fading a bit but I've decided I won't to dye my hair brown I don't mind what shade it turns out . Any ideas how I could dye my hair brown please tell me ;) because I'm thinking if I just dye it brown it will go black again I've tie...

Changing from dark brown to a shade or 2 lighter [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I need help with this one. I have tried to lighten my hair color. Right now it is dark brown (natural color) and I want to lighten it. I have tried poroxide, it didn't work. I tired to lighten it using some kind of blond mix with the developers. That just broke my hair off really bad....

View more questions Search