Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leariec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2009, 12:59 PM
    My keyboard stopped working I can type in my password to log on but that's it, what ca
    My acer aspire1 netbook keyboard stopped working, I can type in the password to log on but once the machine starts, the keyboard stop working, is there anything I can do to get it going again? I have also plugged in another keyboard, usb and that did not work.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2009, 01:08 PM

Hmm. Since you can type your password, the hardware appears to be working correctly. After that, we're left with software and drivers. If the new USB keyboard doesn't work, you can't interact with the computer at all, and that rather minimizes the things you can do to fix it.

If you have a repair CD for the computer (Windows installation CD, rather than an image CD), you could try doing a repair of the system. That might work. Otherwise, I think you're in for a reinstallation of Windows.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2009, 11:02 PM

If you need to type you can use the built in on screen keyboard.

Start > Programs > Accessories > Accessibility > On-Screen Keyboard

That may help you while you try to fix it.

Does the mouse work?

If so, check in the device manager for bad drivers and such. Also can you tell us if the NumLock and CapsLock light up when pressed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Some keys on my keyboard stopped working? [ 2 Answers ]

Some keys on my keyboard stopped working? And capslock and backspace?. I have a dell d630 laptop. I fixed it once but forgot how to again. Help.. tired of copy and pasteing

Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool; Dryer stopped heating and timer stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool Dryer that stopped heating and timer stopped working at the same time. What may have caused this?

I could not log-in to my OS with my password [ 1 Answers ]

This actually happened 1.5 months ago. I have already fixed it but I just want to know what happened. I had a WinXP Pro SP2 on a Compaq Presario C733TU. My problem was that one morning I could no longer log-in to my OS. This happened every time I did a warm or cold boot. After the boot screen...

Keyboard suddenly stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

I was typing too quickly on my small laptop keyboard, I don't know which key or combination of keys I typed but all of a sudden the keyboard didn't work anymore. I'm using a newly bought (about 3 months) Lenovo X61 and I was nowhere near the function key and the NumLock. I don't get any strange...

Certain keyboard keys stopped working (be glad it isn't yours) [ 21 Answers ]

once upon a time, there were 102 happy little keys that all worked on my creative prodikeys keyboard. The all of a sudden, bammy, the r, y, h, 7, I, and the k keys died. This happened when I was using my computer. A while later, the keys worked again. I said to myself that ''this must be a driver...

View more questions Search