Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KC Johnson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 07:34 AM
    Chest pain
    I am a 38 year old male in pretty good health I think. About 7 months ago I went to the emergency room because I was having some chest pains and felt dizzy. I also had tingling down my arm. After the EKG, blood work, CT scan and heart monitoring, they sent me home telling me that everything was normal. I now have a sharp pain in my chest that moves to my back sometimes. I do eat late at night. Could this just be gas? I do not want to keep running to the emergency room for nothing and waste the time and money.

Help.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2006, 07:39 AM
    Many people who suffer heart attacks, however mild or severe, think it is gas.

Eating late at night is very unhealthy also, and can contribute so some of the problems you are describing.

You should contact your doctor ASAP if this is happening. Don't just settle with "normal" you need to find an exact answer as to why this is happening.
    DrWood Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Nov 22, 2006, 07:41 PM
    KC,

There are various causes of chest pain that are not realted to your heart.

BUT if your experience symptoms that you have described again - pain or pressure in the chest back and arm with dizzyness, you should immediately go to the hospital, no matter if you think it is indigestion. There is no such thing as a waste of time and money with these symptoms as a heart condition must be investigated and ruled out.

Your syptoms however could be coming from you gastrointestianl system - gastric reflux, peptic ulcer disease or gall bladder disease, from your repiratory system - infection or pleurisy or your musculoskeletal system - strained muscle, thoracic back pain, Bornholm's syndrome. Pain like this can also be caused by panic and anxiety.

Hope that helps, but again, go to the hospital if this happens again.

DrWood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharp Chest Pain [ 2 Answers ]

I am 38 yr old female who has been experiencing the worst pain in my left side of my chest all day. I have taken ibuprofen & aspirin and it isn't getting any better. I have no indigestion, or injured myself. I'm at my wits end. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

About the chest [ 2 Answers ]

Is is true that when you lose weight you alos lose weight in your chest?? That is what I am trying to do... for most of the part I am trying to lose weight for me and then my chest.:confused:

Sharp chest pain [ 3 Answers ]

I am a healthy 25 year old woman. I have low blood pressure and normal cholesterol levels. However, I started getting a rather sharp pain in my chest tonight. The pain is located just below my right breast. I was wondering if this could be from a pulled or strained muscle. About 10 hours...

Chest loss [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 13 and I lift weights and am okay looking. I am fine with everything except my chest or "tittie area". They are not quite "man boobs" but I'm not proud of them either. Is there any cardio, weight traing I could go on to get rid of this, and in at least 2 months? I will take any comments....

Breast on Fire and Pain in Chest [ 1 Answers ]

I am 36 years old and I have a couple questions is it normal for one breast to feel like it is on fire?Sometimes hurts so bad I cry.And also lately been having Pain on left side of chest kind feels like I swallowed a marble that gets stuck in my chest.Can anyone help me to understand what's...

View more questions Search