Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    montepix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2009, 12:38 PM
    Bryant gas furnace starts OK - but blower stops after a few minutes
    My Bryant gas furnace (394GAD I think) starts up in heating cycle OK - but after a few minutes the blower shuts off. The burners stay on. Then 30 seconds or so later, the blower restarts. After a few minutes, it shuts off again - burners still on - then starts again after 30 seconds. Repeats this cycle until thermostat is satisfied. Any ideas?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2009, 07:06 PM

Sounds like you have a fan/limit control that activates the blower. Depends on how cold your return air temp is of how often it cycles. The switch can go weak and short cycle but if it stays on after the house heats up I would say its working the way it should. Shuting the blower off -not to blow cold air.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat kick in every hour for 15 minutes in Bryant Plus 90 Gas furnace. [ 26 Answers ]

Hi All: I have Bryant plus 90 gas furnace and used to have Lenox Mercury thermostat. Heat will kick in for 15~20min after every one hour. Does not follow thermostat. So just change a new Honeywell programmable thermostat, but it is still doing the same. At the furnace LED indicator blinking 3...

Central heater furnace starts and blower starts for 30 minutes and then fan shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

We start our central heater and the furnace kicks in and then the blower starts and the house warms up but when it reaches the desired temperature. When the temp. drops and you can hear the furnace start but the blower will never kick in. If we shut off the whole thing and wait about 1 hour, we...

Bryant gas furnace blower won't stop [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a bryant gas furnace model 340mav036080, the led stays lit and the blower takes forever to stop. Any help?

Main blower sometimes starts and stops in Gas Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got a problem with main blower in gas furnace. I've checked this site, but didn't find an answer. Symptoms: Sometimes it starts and stops when burns work or don't start at all. Relay clicks to start blower in 30 seconds after burner started, but blower doesn't start or stops and then...

Only in AM, gas furnace stops and starts [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a Gaffers-Sattler furnace, about 40 years old. Runs great, but for one problem. In the morning around 5 or 6, I turn on furnace and it will heat up and run for about 5 to 6 minutes then stop for about 3 minutes and repeat this all morning long. (frustration as this is when its...

View more questions Search