Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dotty47 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Wanting to retire.
    I am 62. Laid off from job of 16 yrs. Moved from Wis. To NC when unemployment ran out. Having trouble finding work here now. If I take the early retirement now they would reduce my payments by 25%. Will that go back up when I turn 66. Says I would receive 700.00. With reduction, that would be about 525.00. Will it go back up to 700 at age 66? Also, got married in 1987. Left him in 1992 (abusive situation) There has been no divorce. He is in the Sacramento Cal. area. Can I draw on his retirement fund? I am stumped and worried to death about how to live right now. Any help would be welcome.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2009, 10:28 AM

Below is a link I think you may find helpful.
    Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retire at 55 [ 1 Answers ]

I heard someone say if I am laid off or out of work and want to retire at 55 years old, then I don't have to pay 10% penalty on the 401K withdrawal. Is this true ? Of course, I will pay fed and state taxes on it.

Best way to retire an old and much used email address? [ 4 Answers ]

I want to stop using my oldest and best known email address due to a lot of spam. I know I can do an auto responder for it, but if I give a new email address in it, spammers will get it too? Emailing everyone in my address book would be a royal pain... ... is there an easy way? ...

Will I ever get to retire [ 6 Answers ]

I am tired mentaly and physical. Passable emotionally too. I see no future. Please tell me what you see I graduated in 74 born in 56

View more questions Search