Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2009, 09:23 AM
    Hampton Bay Parts and Possible Assitance
    A member here is from Home Depot, and can help with locating parts for Hampton Bay products.

Originally Posted by homedepot_steph

I am Stephanie at Home Depot Customer Care. I will be more than happy to assist you with those parts. Please send me an email to .

Thanks,

Stephanie, Home Depot Customer Care
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2009, 04:03 PM

TK, there have been a bunch of these supposed Home Depot employees showing up, all with different names. They have been blanketing my threads with useless posts, and don't follow up with any help. I think they are robots/spam.

The proper information for Hampton Bay parts is in the Ceiling Fan sticky.
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2009, 04:41 AM
    After an exhaustive, in-depth, left no stone unturned investigation, :

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...04-425912.html

Seems to me that Stephanie is a real person that represents the dealer that distributes the product in question, and I have decided to leave this post up, for the time being.

If someone uses this resource and gets no satisfaction, and let's me know, I will re-consider.
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2009, 10:16 PM

I still think it's a hoax.
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2009, 10:28 PM
    I never knew you had this cynical streak in you.
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2009, 09:32 AM

Take a look at this search. I don't see ANY follow up from either supposed Home Depot employee, do you?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...archid=5930766

In any case, on these forums, it's a moot point, as they can't help with these issues. Let's assume they really are a Home Depot corporate employee. While Hampton Bay is Home Depot's house brand, they are made by private contractors otherwise unaffiliated with Home Depot. Home Depot doesn't sell Hampton Bay replacement parts, nor are they equipped with manuals, schematics, etc etc. All they can do is refer you to the contractor that makes that particular product, which is ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED IN OUR STICKY.
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2009, 06:56 AM
    We can let the posters that received a promise of assistance from Steph, or any other alleged HD employee judge the help they did or did not receive.
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 01:29 AM

I emailed of these guys. They sent me to someone else, who sent me to someone else, who ultimately suggested I contact the manufacturers-- the same list of numbers we have in our sticky.

So they're not totally without merit, but I believe we have a shortcut.

Go Team AMHD!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Parts for Hampton Bay ceiling fan [ 6 Answers ]

Just got a hampton bay mediterranean 52in. Ceiling fan looking to change the glass housing and glass shade. Where do I get parts.

Hampton Bay ceiling fan parts [ 7 Answers ]

The light of my ceiling fan keeps blowing bulbs and one socket does not work at all. I need help to find repacement wiring with the sockets attached. I have had no luck on my own. Even went to the store where it was purchased.

Any websites selling Hampton Bay parts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have an old (not to mention really cheap) Hampton Bay ceiling fan with light. They both operate from pull switches. One of the switches (light switch) broke. I am looking for a replacement switch. The switch is soldered directly to the bulb socket. I'm sure if necessary, I could do the...

Hampton Bay replacement parts [ 4 Answers ]

My landlord installed a new Hampton Bay Huntington III ceiling fan and it's solid white. I understand why they choose white and beige in rental property, but I'm going to be here for another year and can't stand the white fan with beige walls!! :eek: Can anyone direct me to a site where I can...

Local hampton bay parts house [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Mediterranian 52" fan, and I broke the downlight swirled allibaster glass... I need a location in my area for that particular part... My Zip Code is 85206, in Mesa AZ. I will also accept a mailing address for such a part that is not necessarily in my area... Please Help

View more questions Search