Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    money2004 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 07:56 PM
    W o g r c y wires thermostat = rth2300
    My old thermostat has the wogrcy and when I connect the new model rth300, the ac doen't run
    money2004 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 07:58 PM

Can't connect RTH2300, my AC is not running
    rhondaann16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 11:59 AM
    The answer is you cannot connect a RTH2300 to an A/C unit the has WOGRCY wiring?
    rhondaann16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 12:11 PM
    There must be someone out there who knows the answer to money2004's question. I only ask because I have the same question, although I have not installed the thermostat yet. I really want to be sure that I connect the correct color wire to the correct terminals before I start the installation. I have a 5-wire set-up: W=white, O=no wire, G=Green, R=Red, C=Blue, Y=Yellow.

Honeywell RTH2300 has the following: O/B, Y, RC, R, G, W I believe the correct wire to terminal set-up is: O/B=No wire, Y=Yellow, RC=Blue, R=Red, G=Green, W=White.

Can someone confirm this for me... Thank-you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the 4 wires in my thermostat? [ 4 Answers ]

The current thermostat (Honeywell digital) has 4 wires w,y,g,and r. But the y is also actually green. I wish to put in a programmable. Does it need to be 4 wire? The system is a/c and gas forced air. Thx Lance

Where do thermostat wires go [ 2 Answers ]

Where does thermostat wires hock up in a gas furnace what wires go to fan center and where? What wires go to gas valve?

Which wires should I use on my new thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a Carrier builders non prog thermostat which controls my AC-heat (and air exchange) - The wires hooked in it were white in W, Yellow in Y, Green in G, Red in R and black in C. The orange and blue wires were not used. I purchased a Honeywell RTH4300B. I switch off the main breaker and...

Thermostat Wires - Only 2 Wires (both black) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm switching my thermostat for a newer digital one, though when I took out the old thermostat, there were only 2 black wires with white stripes on them. The new thermostat calls for an RH wire and a W wire, but I have no way of distinguishing the two apart. How can I tell which wire...

View more questions Search