Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smellysocks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 04:31 PM
    How to stop pain for sore gums
    I have tooth coming through and the pain is so bad it keeps me up at night but to add to the problem a tooth on the same side is pushing towards my tongue and I don't know why it is very sore and has little blood coming from it the pain on that side of my mouth is so bad I have tried using soothing gel but it is not woking my gum is puffy as well what can I do about the pain please help
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2009, 04:40 PM

If you've tried Orajel and that does not work you can try swishing your mouth with warm salt water a few times. You can try massaging the area with one finger also. Basically until the tooth comes in you're going to have problems with the pain. Take some aspirin for the pain. Why do you think teething babies cry at the top of their lungs when their teeth are coming in? Because it hurts!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 04:54 PM

Some ibuprofen might help too. That's what my dentist's have always recommend.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2009, 03:29 AM
    Ibuprofen will help as will warm salt water rinses. Be sure you are keeping the area super clean by gently brushing it as sometimes food particles can slip between the gum and the tooth coming in. When that happens it can get really painful especially if it's something that doesn't dissolve like a popcorn or whole grain husk, celery or a seed of some kind. You should have a dentist take a look to rule out infection. If you have an infection you will need an antibiotic.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Dec 23, 2009, 04:36 PM

Dude, how old are you? Is it a wisdom tooth? If it is it will likely need to be taken out
    scentedcandles Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Dec 30, 2009, 05:08 PM

You have pericoronitis associated with the eruption of your tooth. Go to your dentist... In the mean time rinse at least 3 times daily with hot water and salt... approx 200ml and 1 teaspoon of salt. More than likely you will need an x-ray taken to discern whether the tooth is impacted, or will erupt normally... If there is enough space then you just have to ride it out. In any case, it certainly sounds like you have potential infection in this area, requiring some antibiotic therapy...
    PS I'm a dentist.
    Good luck...
    pandajewel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 08:04 AM
    My gums hurt so badly I stayed up all night because of them it really hurts in front of my mouth and my chipped tooth is acting up again I tried taking asprin it didn't work I rinsed out my mouth ith warm water and salt but it still frekin hurts what should I do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Headaches and sore gums? [ 17 Answers ]

I've been having really bad headaches for the past couple days, and my gums have also been extremely sensitive for some reason. I was wondering if those could be just added symptoms of pregnancy?

Sore jaw and gums during pregnancy [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 19 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby, and yesturday I started having a really sore jaw and my teeth hurt as well as the one side of my throat.Is that normal? I never had sore gums with my other kids. My teeth aren't the greatest but I was wondering if anyone has the same problem, and what the...

Mouth pain originally thought was tooth related but now think its in the gums [ 3 Answers ]

I am having pain which at first I thought was in my teeth, but now I think is in my gums. It runs from the center bottom all the way to the left back of my mouth and sometimes the tip left. My dentist has done everything to dismiss me saying that I have no cavities and that if I have pain its from...

Sore gums [ 2 Answers ]

After flossing, one of my gums became sore and a little puffy/bigger. What could that mean?

Sore Gums [ 2 Answers ]

About two weeks ago I had my tooth extracted everything was fine I tried not to eat on that side of my mouth. Then this Saturdays I brushed my teeth and I must of brushed to hard cause the area where the tooth was extracted from bleed a little on my tooth brush since then my tooth as not stop...

View more questions Search