Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abe2231 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 02:14 PM
    Ceiling Fan lights shine bright, but then dim after 5 seconds
    We bought a ceiling fan that takes 4 - 40 watt bulbs. We placed 4 - 60 watt bulbs instead and noticed the diming from the very first time after installation. Is this a safety feature built into the fan and if so, what component does this? Thank you for your help.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2009, 04:04 PM

Some new fans have a wattage limiter.

Is it a remote fan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan lights too dim [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Antigua fan with an add-on light kit (4 bulbs). I also purchased the wall mounted remote control. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago. Now, all four bulbs are extremely dim. I've tried higher wattage bulbs but there just doesn't seem to be enough power to light them...

Ceiling fan light on, dims to bright, dims to bright. [ 2 Answers ]

I have two Hampton bay ceiling fans with lights. The upstairs unit has decided to have the light come on and what it does is get bright, dims down goes off and comes right back on. The remote only shuts it off for a moment. If I hold the off button on the remote down the light stays off. Switched...

Ceiling fan light is dim [ 1 Answers ]

My Hampton Bay ceiling fan has a upper and lower light sections. All worked fine for about 18 months, but now the lower lights (two 50 watt halogen bulbs) are very dim. One burned out, so I bought a new one and both are dim. What could be wrong with my ceiling fan? (I have two and the other one...

Ceiling Fan light dim with fan switch [ 7 Answers ]

I have installed a new ibiza Hampton Bay ceiling fan. There was two cables from ceiling, black and white. And four from motor of the fan: green (ground) white (common), black (fan) and blue (light). I put together blue and black cables from motor fan with black ceiling cable, white to white, and...

Lights dim on ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a remote on my ceiling fan. Until last night it worked fine. It cuts the lites on and off. I noticed this morning that the lites come on , but are dim. The fan works fine. What could be the problem?

View more questions Search