Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blue98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Devastating breakup up / 2 days later together.
    Hey,

We have been dating for 3 years, and 3 days ago or so I broke up with her, and a day ago we talked and got back together... The thing is I broke up with her because I simply was not happy anymore. I was unsure of my future, what I'm doing with the rest of my life, as well I wanted to have a life again. I'm 22, she is 21, and I'm in my last year university. I knew she would blow up when I broke the news, because it did seem rather abrupt.

She did explode. Sent me numerous emails, texts, and even videos of how she was feeling and breaking down, what she was doing etc. I understood and would send a short email, or text back in reply saying I was sorry, and how I wanted to talk. This is because she wouldn't let me say anything the moment we broke up.

2 days go by and then finally we get to talk... This however was after driving my car around the city trying to find her, as she's somewhere, and just giving me clues. I find her in a parking lot in her car, with a coffee with rum in it, and a razer blade, all windows drawn (its dead winter), and cold air blowing through the vents. It was awful! I just cried, held her, warmed her up and threw her stuff away. It was mostly a scare or something though. She didn't drink much, and she sort of attempted to hurt her arm with the blade trying to write 'hurt'.

This was not my girlfriend before. We talked for a good three hours I explained all my reasoning and stuff, so we decided to try again, but rewind and slow down.

She had just started college across the country in September, and had just come back home a week and a half ago, but I didn't feel this was a problem either as we talked every night, and she came back one week she had off, and I visited once. However when she is here, we spend literally every day together, not one apart or little time apart even with friends. So this was another problem addressed. I said I NEED time alone, which she has the hardest time comprehending. I do not understand. I wake up, she wants me to text her. I do something again another text, she sends them all day even if we are not together. If I don't she goes on a rant of how frustrated she is. She over reacts slight changes in daily schedules, or if I want to do something alone, or with someone else. I love this girl SO much, but it seems life is ridiculously tough with her. There is no more 'me'. Even when she was across the country at school she demanded texts all day, would get mad at how I scheduled my day, or who I attempted to spend time with. If I was late to video chat her at night because I was at a dinner with my family even.

I know we are trying this out again. I just don't know whether I have made a mistake. She has such a hard time adapting. It's the holidays and we did have plans for both family dinners on christmas, and christmas eve stuff, but I'm actually unsure about even going over to her house because she lives with her parents when she is in town, and they had to deal with her the couple days we were broken apart. I know that seems cowardly of me. Im not sure if I just need more time apart still, or if I made a mistake. Because I honestly don't feel happier.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2009, 01:01 PM
    She sounds extremely needy and very insecure. You're not joined at the hip-everybody needs metime and doing their own thing.
    I also think that whole scenario she created with the cutting and the windows smacks of emotional blackmail.
    How can this possibly work in the future when she , it seems, doesn't hear what your needs are?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 01:14 PM

Get out..

Run away as fast as you can.

You SEE the red flags,tell her parents what she tried to do,let them deal with their little girl.

Weather you want to believe this or not,your in a mentally abusive relationship,this girl is an emotional leech,and NEEDS your attention 24/7, someone who cannot cope a few hours without contact from you needs help,I'm serious...

Cut the cord,be a blunt as you can,and change your number,delete her from your life, you won't know yourself when you don't have her in your head all the time...

Think of the peace and space and time that you will have..
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 22, 2009, 02:16 PM

Dude, you broke up, and allowed her to blackmail you back. No wonder your not happy. Try this again, and stick to your guns, and this time, don't talk about it, just do it. ASAP!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Devastating Breakup (Left for someone else). [ 24 Answers ]

About 3 weeks ago I received a message from a girl asking what my then boyfriend and I were. She explained how she was his girlfriend and she had asked about me because from my online pictures it seemed we were more than just friends, which is what he was telling her. I ignored her, not wanting to...

The Devastating EFFECT of ACNE [ 3 Answers ]

I use maxipeel for exfoliation before but after 2 weeks , I started to have unstopable ACNE. What will I do now? I want to Remove all the acne/black spot brought by the DEVASTATING EFFECT OF MAXIPEEL. Now, I never realize why I come to this. The acne on my face lowers myself ESTEEM and it...

What did you learn about yourself after a devastating breakup? [ 52 Answers ]

All right, I thought it would be wise for someone like me, going through a break up, to ask others who have been through it before. Think of your most devastating break up experience, and tell me what you came out of it with. In other words, what about YOU changed because of this that you are truly...

What did I learn after a devastating breakup? [ 23 Answers ]

I am cheering you on right now good job.

Devastating hair loss [ 1 Answers ]

Am a 33 year old male, am suffering from loss of hair - which is balding some areas of my head. There is no trace of baldness in my ancestral line. Though, some six years back I started developing grey hair, and resorted to the use of Morgan pomade - it help in restoring my hair to is natural...

View more questions Search