Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2009, 09:12 AM
    Anyone using Avira AntiVir Free Edition?
    Can you get your automatic updates? I can't. I can do manual updates but the scan for updates never seems to connect these past couple of days.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 22, 2009, 09:17 AM
    I get mine with no problem!
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2009, 09:27 AM
    Crap for me, good for you. Thanks.
    Time to troubleshoot.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Dec 22, 2009, 11:05 AM

If your computer isn't set to the correct date or time it might not update.
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2009, 11:14 AM
    They both are; rare are the PCs with incorrect date and time these days since they sync online by default. I see that the Avira forums have some mention of the saame issue I'm facing. Maybe they are using a new port to connect. I'll investigate.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Dec 22, 2009, 11:20 AM

I just remembered this. You might be able to fix it with the avira registry cleaner. I tried it once on my dad's computer because I couldn't reinstall avira. It worked after I used the cleaner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I even need to keep ZoneAlarm since I am also using AVG Free Edition? [ 4 Answers ]

I wasn't sure exactly which topic area to put this question in - Antivirus, Firewalls or some Other... But, wanted to find out the information from the Experts in such things on this site. Am just wondering if I even need ZoneAlarm anymore since I am also using AVG Free Edition? Zone Alarm...

Avira antivir & Lavasoft ad-ware [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Can I use free Avira AntiVir Personal with Lavasoft Ad-Aware Free? Ad-Aware Free has "Real-time protection" and I don't know if there is α compatibility Problem? Can you propose to me other free anti-spyware programs with real-time protection?(no antivirus) Regards.

Avira antivir Update connection failed [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I can't able to connect update. Whenever I update that time shows update failed. How cani connect to avira antivir auto update. Pl help me.. here I post my report 03.01.2009 08:29:01 - Installation Directory: C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\ 03.01.2009...

Avira Antivir Personal Update [ 1 Answers ]

My Avira antivir won't update, since I downloaded it I haven't been able to do it. It always says "Internet Connection Failed" and finishes. What can I do? PS:The firewall is not the problem, avira is allowed in the list of programs

Avast! 4 Home Edition - FREE antivirus software? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey guys my AVG has told me that it will no longer be free. So I am now looking for some new FREE antivirus software. I stumbled across avast! 4 Home Edition - FREE antivirus software and I was wondering if it is good or not? If anyone can recommend anything else that would be great to. Thanks.

View more questions Search