Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BonitoStreet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 07:24 AM
    75%greyhair and blonde highlights.whatcan I use while traveling for roots?
    I have mostly gray hair and get it highlighted blonde w/most hair appearing blonde w/some dark underlying hair. I have gray roots growing out over an inch and want to know what OTC product I can safely use to match color and not damage naturally curly hair that's been bleached/highlighted?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 07:58 AM
    What OTC product I can safely use to match color and not damage naturally curly hair that's been bleached/highlighted?
    You need bleach to get it light enough and since you highlight, that requires a professional to properly place the higlights. If you were to bleach all of the roots, you would have big problems. Blonde tints will make it super yellow and will also give you problems. Basically, what I'm saying is that there's no simple OTC product to help keep your roots looking good. Why not plan a salon visit along with your travel plans?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fade blonde highlights back to natural dirty blonde or grow hair faster! [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: PLEASE HELP! :confused: I want to fade my blonde highlights faster, I've been growing out my hair for a month or so and i'm sick of the bright blonde! I want the dirty blonde back! I don't know if there is any advice to speed up growing it out or to fade the blonde! thanks so much!! :)

How do you blend dark blonde roots with bleached blonde hair? [ 4 Answers ]

My hair is naturally medium/dark blonde. I've recently gone gwen-stefani platinum blonde and had toner put in to bring the color down to a more natural color. My roots have grown out for about 5 months now and so are really really noticeable. I Don't want to touch up my roots to match the bottom...

What happens if I put red highlights over blonde highlights? [ 1 Answers ]

I have dark brown hair, and I'd like to have red and blonde highlights. I planned on using a cap for the blonde, doing every-other hole, for thin streaks. Then I thought about doing the red by hand and using foil, for a little bit thicker streaks. I'd like the colors to be random, and not too...

Grey roots and highlights what would a home colour do? [ 7 Answers ]

I have had highlights put in my previously coloured mid brown hair trying to diguise my greying hairs the top is now much more than 50% grey. I'm only in my 30s and was happy to go along with this suggestion, the plan being that the grey hair would blend in with the highlights. Now 3 months on...

Dark blonde hair w/ blonde highlights. Need out [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... so I have dark blonde to light brown hair... I decided to put blonde highlights in... but yeah... they's a little too light of blonde. Is there a VERY quick way that I can tone down the blonde to blend a little better w/ my hair color? 1. my dad doesn't know yet.. and yea... he not going...

View more questions Search