Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 05:55 AM
    Why does Windows Firewall shut down?
    Every time I boot up my computer, I get an error message saying I don't have a firewall. I use windows firewall which will not open in the Control Panel. How do I fix this problem?
    Jessica-chen Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2010, 12:51 AM

Hi, I just found this article for you. You can check it.
    Windows Firewall will not start - Windows XP Support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Firewall LOCKED by Windows Group Policy? Can't get on Internet! [ 2 Answers ]

My dad recently gave me his old work laptop that he used at the college which he worked at... I have been trying to get on the internet at home, however, I'm only able to find the wireless connection, (no internet). I looked at the firewall settings and since the computer was under the "Windows...

Windows will not shut down [ 1 Answers ]

I get the following message when shutting computer down: End Program CcSvcHst I have been told it may have something to do with Norton 360 which I am running on my computer. I am Running Windows XP and it is supposed to be up to date with the service packs.

Windows Defender. Firewall [ 3 Answers ]

I have a new PC with Vista Home Premium. I use cable internet access. Vista already has Windows Firewall as part of it. Does that mean I don't need to download an outside one like Zone Alarm which I used on my old PC? I also used to use AdAware, Spybot S&D and Spyware Blaster, all on advice...

Windows firewall [ 1 Answers ]

In my windows firewall under exceptions, I have 6 windows checked all for media connect. Is this OK or should I uncheck them? While I'm at this question concerning windows firewall what would happen if I were to uncheck all the boxes under exceptions? Thanks very much Do you need to update your...

Windows XP Workgroup + XP Firewall [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is trying to set up a small office network of 3 computers all running windows xp home. It's a very simple set up of a hub connecting the three computers A, B & C He's asked me to help him set this up but we have come across a slight problem. It would seem that the xp firewall is...

View more questions Search