Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SGT.NOMAD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 04:46 AM
    Will I be able to play the new games if I update my Xbox 360 to a new version?
    My current Dashboard version 7371... (NXE)
    My console is unable play new games... saying I should update...
    If I change to 8498 or later will I be able to play new games...
    Like Tekken 6,Assassins Creed 2,etc...
    czerno Posts: 76, Reputation: 6

Dec 22, 2009, 07:31 AM
    You should be able to play any 360 game on any 360. If your 360 needs an update you can just hook it up online and it should automatically update anything that needs updated. If you don't have online access you can burn update discs from xbox.com from any computer. If it constantly asks for updates and you can't play it might be your hard drive is to full and need to make room for updates. If it keeps up I'd call xbox customer service. You should never have to update your xbox console itself.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by czerno View Post
    You should never have to update your xbox console itself.

Wrong. There are plenty of games that require updating the XBox 360's software. It's not just games that get updates; the dashboard also gets updates and for security/family settings the newer games require it.

For updating instructions: Xbox.com | How To - How To Get O.S. System Updates For Your Xbox 360
    czerno Posts: 76, Reputation: 6

Dec 22, 2009, 07:15 PM

To be clear.. I meant you should not have to physically take your console into a store and update to a new console. Sorry to be unclear on what I meant. That is why I said you can burn update discs on xbox.com. Yes you do need to update the system settings/dashboard buy never the physical console it self, that is what the updates are for... as I said above.. (If your 360 needs an update you can just hook it up online and it should automatically update anything that needs updated. If you don't have online access you can burn update discs from xbox.com from any computer)
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by czerno View Post
    To be clear..I meant you should not have to physically take your console into a store and update to a new console. Sorry to be unclear on what I meant. That is why I said you can burn update discs on xbox.com. Yes you do need to update the system settings/dashboard buy never the physical console it self, that is what the updates are for...as I said above..(If your 360 needs an update you can just hook it up online and it should automatically update anything that needs updated. If you dont have online access you can burn update discs from xbox.com from any computer)
    Then in that case you are right. Haha. You should not have to ever replace your XBox unless it breaks. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What game is the best for xbox 360 [ 16 Answers ]

Well I'm trying to beat out my friends because we have a little comp to see who has the best game so I was just wandering if anyone has any suggestions:D

Xbox 360 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I was just playing my 36i went to turn it on then three flashing red lights appeared I checked the power cable and it was a green colour which meant it was fine. I was getting no picture though. Is it the AV cable or is it basically screwed

Xbox 360 online [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a sprint internet wireless card and I want to play my xbox360 online do I need a usb cord to get started or can I just plug in my intertnet card and go from there?

Xbox 360 for my room [ 8 Answers ]

My mom keeps asking me what I want for christams and I keep telling her I want a 360 for my room but she says that I can't have one. I have a tvi in my room and I don't have cable on it, idont even have rabbit ears! All I have for that TV is a ps2 that I've had for about a year now. But nobody is...

View more questions Search