Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abbyalmostfamous Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 08:37 PM
    I don't feel good enough for my parents
    What do I have to do to feel like my parents approve of me? I'm 18 and the youngest of 4. we all get along with our parents so well, but when I'm not in the room, I hear them talk about me. I know how they feel about me, and to be honest, I feel like they think I'm a mistake. I'm not a bad child, I'm just the normal college student. I like to go out on the weekends, but I'm not irresponsible. I don't binge drink, or drink and drive. I'm trying my hardest in school, and have a ton of friends. But they still manage to make me feel not good enough.

I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and clinical depression my junior year of high school, and I don't understand how my parents can make me feel this way knowing that I have these diseases. It's difficult enough comparing myself to my friends. But instead, I have to deal with my parents comparing me to my older, prettier, and smarter siblings.

What do I have to do to get them to accept me? I'm such a black sheep, and am sick of it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2009, 08:39 PM

Or perhaps it is that disorder that is making you feel this way and you have taken normal parent feelings and feel it is something directed wrongly toward you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Successful- but don't feel I can meet my parents expectations and it is killing me. [ 1 Answers ]

I found similar answers- but typically they were teens. I'm pushing 30. I never felt accepted by my family. They are overly critical of everyone and everything, and I've never felt good enough. I just always feel degraded and sub par- never feel like I can meet their expectations, never felt...

How to Make Elderly Parents Feel Needed ? [ 8 Answers ]

How to Make Elderly Parents Feel Needed? Any ideas .

I hate my parents I feel their inferior to me [ 16 Answers ]

:( :mad: I don't understand them my dads a phycologist and my moms a computer designer and I have what most would think is a perfect life but I think my parents are suffacating me so much I want to go back to a time 7 months ago when I was using drugs and alcohol to numb myself to the entire world...

I feel guilty when I look at my parents because I was adopted [ 4 Answers ]

Here's the story I was adopted when I was 6, so I remember almost every thing. How bad it was living in a broken bilding in russia. When My parents got me I was so happy. But now I have major guilt over it. I'm costing so much money for them, I'm not good in school, I don't feel like I...

Why do I never feel good enough? [ 10 Answers ]

Ive never felt so low about myself... I went on hoiliday there with friends and was looking forward to it. I bump in2 a girl I used to see and still really liked. I bumped in2 her in a club on holiday and I just chated away normally, her friends were leaving but she said she was staying with me so...

View more questions Search