Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2009, 05:33 PM
    Righty's - Don't see Avatar
    Hello:

I saw it at IMAX. I loved it. You Righty's won't. It's kind of political. Well, whaddya expect from those Hollyweird elites?

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2009, 05:35 PM

As soon as it's downloadable on the movie site I use to download all the new movies I'll download it, view it and come back with my opinion. I download all the new movies - yes - even the bad ones. I don't bother going out to the theater anymore... too expensive.

But hey, thanks, Exie for the movie recommendation. I appreciate it.
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2009, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    I don't bother going out to the theater anymore... too expensive.
    Hello again, twink:

But the 3D... You Got to see it in 3D. It's spectacular... It's not the old time 3D where they throw spears at you. It really blends into the story.

excon
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2009, 05:53 PM

The last 3D movie I saw was "The House of Wax" when I was a kid. All I remember about that movie was the scene where the guy with the paddle balls making the balls come out over the audience thinking they were going to bash you in the head.

3D doesn't really impress me that much. I guess I'm just a regular movie goer. I don't get too excited about IMAX stuff. Maybe I should. Want to take me to the next 3D movie??
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2009, 05:57 PM
    Wanna take me to the next 3D movie????
    Hello again, twink:

Sh!t yeah..

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

I saw it at IMAX. I loved it. You Righty's won't. It's kinda political. Well, whaddya expect from those Hollyweird elites?

excon
    Great movie, Ex, about the capitalist environmental vandals. We all knew who they were representing. That marine, just so gung ho! Hope the people of Afghanistan aren't enduring that type.

Do you know there are places in Africa just like that today?
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2009, 06:18 PM
    Hello again, twink:

Sh!t yeah..

excon
    Ok, you're on for the next 3D movie extravanza. Are you sure JudyKT won't get jealous? You two do go dancing a lot I've heard.
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2009, 06:23 PM
    Are you sure JudyKT won't get jealous? You two do go dancing a lot I've heard.
    Hello again, Twink:

She's got a new beau. That's him behind her in her (imagine that) avatar. Kind of ugly, ain't he?

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2009, 06:29 PM

When it comes to $1 at red box let me know
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2009, 06:32 PM

Hello again,

It cost me $12 with my senior discount. Pretty cheap entertainment, if you ask me.

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 07:18 PM
    Hello again,

It cost me $12 with my senior discount. Pretty cheap entertainment, if you ask me.

excon
    Now, Ex, that's odd, they changed me the same price. Not often you find something cheaper here than in the US
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 21, 2009, 08:47 PM

Yes the movie was spectacular Ex, 2 hours and 20 minutes, and the 3D has improved a ton from the old stuff.

We went to one of those new 'dinner movie theaters'. Nice comfortable living room seats, waiter comes around takes your order; burgers, salads, mixed drinks or beer, nice. Tickets are $22 bucks apiece, the food and drink bill is additional, but the experience was just great and the seats kicked back and they offer up pillows.

Have you seen this girl that plays the lead, the native girl?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 05:30 AM
    I will go to see it ;probably on new years day(the early matinee) . If I restricted my entertainment to non-liberal themes I wouldn't see many movies. So long as the art isn't personally offensive I can tolerate sitting through a couple of hours of left wing politics . Why not ? I endure left wing entertainment every day watching network news.

I happen to like the premise of a life sustaining moon orbiting a gaseous planet . It increases the probability of intelligence life out there by quite a bit . I also appreciate the technological advances that movie creators like Cameron have made ;although I still think that movies need some solid acting behind them to make them work.

And with Cameron I already know his politics from the Alien movies... evil corporations and soldiers reluctantly following orders.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 07:38 AM

I'd heard it was a lib's wet dream but like tom said, if that kept us away from Hollywood we wouldn't have much to watch. Personally I'm more interested in seeing Sherlock Holmes first.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 22, 2009, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I'd heard it was a lib's wet dream but like tom said, if that kept us away from Hollywood we wouldn't have much to watch. Personally I'm more interested in seeing Sherlock Holmes first.
    Sherlock Holmes looks like a great movie also.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Dec 22, 2009, 11:21 AM

Maybe Cameron's politics are leftward but I've enjoyed the Aliens and the Terminators. Maybe that is what liberals are good for entertainment, just don't let them govern ;)

G&P
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 11:39 AM

I can't watch a movie at the IMAX. Screen is to big and I can't stand constantly turning my head left to right. Last movie I saw at the IMAX was The Dark Knight. Man, I gave up trying to watch that half way through the movie.

I am with Fr_Chuck I wait until it is at the Red Box (or whatever it is called) at the grocery store rent it for a dollar. I have a copyright breaker program I rip the DVD and store it on my 1TB media server at home.

PS isn't AVATAR basically a rip off Dances with Wolves?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 11:46 AM

Hmmmmm... white guy lives like a native... or maybe 'Samurai' ?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 11:58 AM

Hay Exy,I saw it on line and I liked it.

Was able to appreciate much of the C.G. effects but I am told you need to see it in the theater for the full three D effects.

Next time you and I go together,refreshments on me !
    I might even pop for a beer afterwards !

I liked the new take on an old theme.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Yes the movie was spectacular Ex, 2 hours and 20 minutes, and the 3D has improved a ton from the old stuff.

We went to one of those new 'dinner movie theaters'. Nice comfortable living room seats, waiter comes around takes your order; burgers, salads, mixed drinks or beer, nice. Tickets are $22 bucks apiece, the food and drink bill is additional, but the experience was just great and the seats kicked back and they offer up pillows.

Have you seen this girl that plays the lead, the native girl?
    Now that's what I'm talking about.That is the way to go to the theater.All the comforts of home and someone to serve the food and drinks.Cool!

The girl who plays the lead is beautiful!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marijuana and small government righty's [ 40 Answers ]

Hello experts: I don't know. I BELIEVE righty's when they talk about small government... That's why I don't understand how THEY don't understand, why the DEA is a prime example of BIG GOVERNMENT. Righty's mouth the words about government interference in your life, but believe they have...

The Righty's Are Right [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: Back in the distant past, if the Democrats stood up for their values like the Republicans are standing up for theirs now, we NEVER would have invaded Iraq, the government wouldn't be spying on us, there'd be NO Gitmo, and George Bush might have had a successful presidency. I don't...

Those wrong righty's [ 9 Answers ]

Hello wingers: Want to know why we have so much trouble? It’s cause the right wingers live in fantasy land. From their little hobbits in the tree trunk, they make law. You see, they think if they just shout something long enough, and then write it down in a book and call it law, they’ve...

The truth DOES hurt the righty's [ 30 Answers ]

Hello: Speaking about the truth hurting the righty's, catch this: I was deeply involved in my daily dose of Brit Hume and his cadre of neo-cons, Bill Kristol, Morton Kondrake, and Fred Barns, when I spit my coffee all over the TV. I love those guy's, don't you? They were talking about...

View more questions Search