Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mandy.esson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 03:11 PM
    When I try to download certain programs I get a message that says internet script er
    I can't download any windows updates, I keep getting Internet script error, file://c:\Documents and settings\Amanda Esson\local settings\Temp\ (1BB22D38.A411-4813.A746.C2A4F4EC7344)\MTWBtoolbar.html, any help please
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 04:24 PM

It appears that you have an Internet Explorer add-in tool bar that is causing problems (especially named "MTWBToolbar" or "MyWebSearch Toolbar" or something close to that). This product is associated with "malware" (i.e. it's not good). Go into Control Panel (Add/Remove Programs and uninstall it.

IF that doesn't work, then I'll assume you're using Internet Explorer. Launch Internet Explorer. Click on TOOLS | Internet Options. A pop-up window will appear. Click the "Programs" tab. Locate the button labeled "Manage add-ons" and click that. If you see anything that sounds like, or is labeled "MTWBtoolbar" or "MyWebSearch Toolbar", click on it. At the bottom right, click "Disable".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer will not stay loaded and I can not download anything from internet [ 6 Answers ]

My computer did some updates a couple days ago and since then internet explorer will not stay up it closes down. I cannot download anything to find out what is wrong. Any suggestions? Please help. Thank you

Internet Explorer error message, and no download capabilities w/ Firefox [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a problem with Internet Explorer. Every time I try and open up IE, a message pops up "the ordinal 13 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll" and IE 7 does not even open up. This is where the other problem lies. I also have Firefox 3, when I try and download...

YouTube java script message? [ 1 Answers ]

This is the message I get with certain videos that I try to view, I have all java Scripts turned on, and I have downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash player, but still seem to have this Problem : (Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the...

Internet Explorer Script Error [ 2 Answers ]

Why do I get this error every time I move through the internet. It says "Library Not Registered". Thank you Patty

View more questions Search