Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ree8bob7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 02:03 PM
    Fireplace Fan To Thermostat hookup
    I put in new gas logs. I would like to hook up the old fan to operate off the gas logs thermostat. How do I do this?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 02:05 PM

IF the gas log has a thermostat, you'll have to find some sort of schematic and tie the fan motor into the wiring. This usually requires some expertise. Do you have enough expertise to do this? You may have to use some sort of relay in order to get enough current to run the fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pellet stove thermostat hookup [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two wire hook up for my Quadrafire Mt Vernon pellet stove. It came w/o a thermostat. I bought a programmable thermo but am unable to find out how to hook it up. The two connections on the back of the stove are not marked and there are 5 connections on the thermo. The terminals on the...

Thermostat a/c hookup [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman Evcon Presidential furnace Serial #72154 #360169. 47995-B56 it is a 72MBTU model circa 1989. The problem is the central air keeps blowing and won't shut off, even at the desired temperature. The only way to turn off the air conditioning is to manually shut off power to the...

Thermostat hookup problems [ 13 Answers ]

I'm having problems hooking up my new thermostat and need an expert to assist me. I've done a major bathroom remodeling by myself, but always seem to get stuck on electrical items. Changing the thermostat is no different. BTW, the thermostat works, I simply want to change it due to aesthetics. ...

Can't hookup digital thermostat. Only has 2 wires! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace and upstairs I removed the old thermostat and it only has a yellow and green wire which the two wire digram it gives me with the digital only uses R1 and w/b . Please help I have no heat.

View more questions Search