Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asr Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Electric stove.. one of my burner blow out.
    I have Kenmore electric stove .with 4 burners. One of the burner blow out and it doesn't work anymore.the rest 3 works properly .Is it easier and cheaper to fix or it's time to buy new appliance. Need help.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 02:03 PM

It's easy to replace burners. The burned out one can be replaced and they're a lot cheaper than a whole stove.

Go to Sears Parts Direct, enter the *MODEL NUMBER* of your range (stove) and you should be able to find the part you need.

Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears PartsDirect | SearsPartsDirect.com

Most burners simply pull out and shove in. They do this for cleaning. If that's the case with your range, you won't even have to unplug the range to replace the burner. If it's hard-wired into the stove, make sure it is turned off and unplugged before you start messing with the wiring!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2009, 04:57 PM

The older stove models had the hard wired burners in them. The newer stoves are simply pull out the burner and plug in a new burner.

Can't give you another greenie Perito, I tried!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas stove top burner not lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE gas stovetop and one of the back burners is no longer lighting. I have soaked and cleaned all removeable parts and dried them to no avail... nothing is clogged. I have also tested to see if the electric starter is still flicking when I turn on one of the other burners, and it is. I...

Burner lights, but fan won't blow [ 4 Answers ]

Day & Night gas (NG) furnace Carrier 800-19A on stamped ID plate Forced air We just moved in. The furnace has worked just fine several times. We keep the thermostat on the lowest setting, manually cranking it up for those few times that we need heat here in southern California. This...

View more questions Search