Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahnyanna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 01:27 PM
    I was not informed of new probation, nor did I sign new rules.
    I was not informed of being placed on a new probation period of 3 years for a new case, nor did I sign or agree to anything. Now I am being revoked for a probation sentence I knew nothing about. What can I do?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 02:08 PM

I'd suggest a lawyer. It appears that your probation officer doesn't care what you think.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2009, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahnyanna View Post
    Now I am being revoked for a probation sentence I knew nothing about. What can I do?
    Hello s:

Well, I don't know how you missed it when the judge either pronounced you guilty, or you plead out... If you didn't do either of those things, you need a lawyer to get you off this railroad.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2009, 06:26 PM

How could you have not noticed you were placed on a "new" probation? What happened to your "old" probation? Did you attend a violation of probation hearing and suddenly get slammed with a new probation ontop of your old probation?

Is this a trick question or did I miss something here?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2009, 06:53 PM

Yes, it is obvious you were not paying attention when you were in front of the judge, or made some plea deal not to go to jail.

You need an attorney now, ( and where was yours before)

But yes they can do this, since you would have been notified of your probation.
    t2britton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 11:08 PM
    I can't help but wonder... were you violated on an old probation and sentenced to some jail time. If so, if there is a balance of time remaining for the full sentence to be complete there would be no new probation order. So if you were sentenced to one year of probation, violated after 2 months and were told to serve 6 months, the balance would be 4 months. Although in TN it is almost guaranteed the judge will start the time over making the balance 6 months in that example.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation rules [ 4 Answers ]

OK I have a really good quistion!! I am on feloney (Probation) in Idaho, when I was sentenced in 2001 I wis given (Special conditions) to wit, and ordered by the judge. The state board of correction, continuely does not allow offenders, or makes offenders not follow those special conditions. ...

What are the rules according law about probation? [ 3 Answers ]

This is a question that concerns probation. Primarily, I want to know who or what agency sets the rules and guidelines for probation. If a person isn't given jail time in lieu of probation. What is the rules of determining of probation. Do you have to report every week to a probation officer if you...

Probation rules and regs [ 2 Answers ]

I am on probation - standard and at the lowest level possible. I want to know if I can get married to my fiancé who is NOT on probation without getting into trouble. I live in Arizona and he lives in Nebraska, where I will be getting an interstate compact to live. Do I have to get permission...

Breaking the rules of Probation [ 3 Answers ]

What would happen if you put in for the transefer, but leave before it clears?

Probation Rules [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering,my boyfriend is on probation and staying at a friends of his house.Does his probation officer have the right to come to my home at any given time and search it? He has broken probation three times all ready and I was wondering if on the fourth time that they will revoke it...

View more questions Search