Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christie123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 12:44 PM
    What happens when you put washing up liquid on bright red dyed hair?
    My hair colour is a very bright red, and I want it to go much darker without dying it... so please help?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 12:46 PM

If you wash your hair with dishwashing liquid, it will SLOWLY fade the color. It will make the hair go lighter and yellower (oranger).

If you want to go much darker, I don't think you have any choice but to dye it. There are lots of dyes -- permanent ones, semi and demi-permanent ones and temporary dyes. One of those may suit your bill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to lighten my dyed dark red hair to a bright red? [ 21 Answers ]

I have been to 3 different salons over the past year, and I bring in the same pictures and ask for the same color red (think lead singer of paramore or poison ivy in batman)... not once have I been able to get what I keep asking for. I have had my hair dyed dark brown, black, and even purple. To...

How do I put red highlights or lowlights in my dyed blonde hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I dye my hair blonde every 2 months.I really want red highlights in my hair but the last time I tried to put red highlights in it made my hair blonder.I need to know in a few days because I want my hair done like this by Friday.I have big plans.Please help! Oh and I can't afford to have it done at...

Brown hair dyed & turned bright orange mess [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am african american and my natural hair color is dark brown. It is natural (no chemicals). I got my hair dyed with permanent color and it turned a very bright orange/red. I would rather not go back to the salon. I want to try to darken it (tone it down) by using a dark brown...

Bright Red Hair! [ 12 Answers ]

:mad: I recently decided to change my hair colour as I was bored of my natural brown hair with blonde highlights, I knew I wanted something different so I opted for Schwarzkopf Live colour accents 'Intense Red Flame' (a 2 step system- colour then add highlights) I've had red hair before but...

My brown hair came out bright red! [ 3 Answers ]

My original hair color was brown and I decided I wanted to dye it with a little red tint. So i bought clairol natural instincts non permanent color which lasts through 28 shampoos. When my hair dried, It was nothing like the box. On the box it was "cinnamon stick" which is supposed to be medium...

View more questions Search